Why do some of you prefer to do online dating rather that actually getting out and meeting people?,?

I just dont get it

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Why do you think that "online dating" means we never actually get out and meet the people we met online. We meet, go one dates, have relationships, live together, get married, etc. Apparently, you are confused about what online dating is and how it works.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yes you meet the people from online but why not meet people at community or professional events or even festivals?

• I can read about women and identify the ones who I think are a good match for me, then send them a message and ask if there is mutual interest. If there is, I will probably meet them in person within a week, and there will be a much greater chance of us having common interests and desires.

• because of the internet and smartphones, everyone is always just so closed off and looking down on their phones these days. out in public no one even seems to walk to talk unless they actually have to talk like when they have to order something at starbucks or whatever and then they'll put their headphones back on.

in the past when i use to play online games, i met a lot of people online from the guilds and clans i joined, we did voice chat and stuff a lot on vent and discord, and i noticed that a lot of times people have a lot to say online and they're very comfortable talking over voice chat and texting. but then when we actually met up in person, they're actually very shy, timid, and don't really talk much in person. so i guess that's another reason why people turn to online dating, or use dating apps first before meeting in person.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was dating I didn't like the places a person went to find a date. Going to a bar or club has never been my thing. Online dating doesn't mean you don't meet real people, it means you find them online before meeting them. You make it sound creepy and weird when you say it like that

0|2
    0|0
    • You dont have to go to a bar or club to meet anyone. there are local community events like festivals, wine tasting, yoga in the park, hiking, live music out doors, downtown restaurants etc

• Show All
    • Ok that makes sense

• Also if one or both of you feel uncomfortable neither of you is going to enjoy the date, and is more likely going to result in the confusion that neither is suited to each other...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• I only did it to meet a woman in another country. If I wanted to meet someone local, I would have done that in 3D.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have dated locally and sure you go a bar for example have a few drinks, few more if you're nervous... online apps/sites allow people to break that ice and get to know someone just enough to help overcome that uncertainty of what if... if used correctly they can be successful, and if it doesn't work out before you meet you haven't wasted any time or money on someone who's a dick

0|0
    0|0
  • Meeting new people if you're in a restricted or small community. Also easier to meet people that you have things in common with, whereas with meeting people you go through a lot of thorns to get to a rose. both have their advantages and disadvantages

0|1
    0|0
  • I do go out and meet people. And it doesn't really work. I'm just not as impressive of a person. At least on online dating, the rule of great numbers applies.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think online dating is a good thing just like the rest of the internet,
    nowadays i see people walking down the sidewalk on their phones.
    when you try to talk to them they'll tell you to fuck off or flat out ignore you.

0|0
    0|0
  • How does one "actually get out and meet people"?

Seriously, I would like to know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Part of it is that over the last decade there's been a big push to tell all of us men that it's not ok to approach women anywhere in public, where the advice used to be to meet someone while doing the things you enjoy.
    Here's what I've been hearing:
    Girl at the club or bar is all dressed up for herself and just wants to hang with her friends. Stay away.

She's just away the store to buy books, games, groceries, etc. Don't try to meet her.

Trying to talk to an attractive lady you see on the bus, street or out in public is creepy and bad.

Trying to ask someone out in your gaming group or regular circle of people just makes it uncomfortable for her after she rejects you.

I haven't heard anything for years about where it's actually ok to try to approach a woman offline.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being mute doesn't help

0|0
    0|0
  • May be he is shy and cannot approach A girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Not me obviously

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I tries online, it’s not preferable by me. However, it’s what everyone seems to feel more comfortable with. I think for guys, they are scared of rejection. Therefore, receiving rejection online, lightens the blow than in person. Just what some friends told me.

1|1
    0|0
    • Very true. I can go out all night and buy overpriced drinks while getting rejected by 2 or 3 women, or I can stay in and get rejected by 20 women without spending a dime! 😁
      See how much more efficient that is?

• Much better on the wallet! Lol. I don’t blame you!

Recommended myTakes