Why do some of you prefer to do online dating rather that actually getting out and meeting people?,?

I just dont get it

212

Most Helpful Guys

• Why do you think that "online dating" means we never actually get out and meet the people we met online. We meet, go one dates, have relationships, live together, get married, etc. Apparently, you are confused about what online dating is and how it works.

• Yes you meet the people from online but why not meet people at community or professional events or even festivals?

• I can read about women and identify the ones who I think are a good match for me, then send them a message and ask if there is mutual interest. If there is, I will probably meet them in person within a week, and there will be a much greater chance of us having common interests and desires.

• because of the internet and smartphones, everyone is always just so closed off and looking down on their phones these days. out in public no one even seems to walk to talk unless they actually have to talk like when they have to order something at starbucks or whatever and then they'll put their headphones back on.

in the past when i use to play online games, i met a lot of people online from the guilds and clans i joined, we did voice chat and stuff a lot on vent and discord, and i noticed that a lot of times people have a lot to say online and they're very comfortable talking over voice chat and texting. but then when we actually met up in person, they're actually very shy, timid, and don't really talk much in person. so i guess that's another reason why people turn to online dating, or use dating apps first before meeting in person.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was dating I didn't like the places a person went to find a date. Going to a bar or club has never been my thing. Online dating doesn't mean you don't meet real people, it means you find them online before meeting them. You make it sound creepy and weird when you say it like that

• You dont have to go to a bar or club to meet anyone. there are local community events like festivals, wine tasting, yoga in the park, hiking, live music out doors, downtown restaurants etc

• Ok that makes sense

• Also if one or both of you feel uncomfortable neither of you is going to enjoy the date, and is more likely going to result in the confusion that neither is suited to each other...