Why would a guy be attracted to an overweight girl?

Seriously, how is it even possible?

I'm NOT asking to be judgmental against "fat" girls. In this situation, I AM the fat girl. I'm about 5' 2" and weigh 220lb. I'm trying to lose weight, but am really struggling. Food has always been my source of comfort.

I have a friend who's constantly calling me beautiful and gorgeous. It's weird because even though I do believe that he's being genuine, I feel scared to fully believe and trust it. Having such low self esteem issues I just look at myself and wonder why on earth he's wasting his time on me. The attraction couldn't possibly be real.

Ugh...

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• He's your friend, meaning he knows you other than as some Girl he spied somewhere. He knows your personality and much more.

Looks are not as all-important as Girls assume they are. For lots of guys, a great personalitym intelligence, and compatible interests can more than compensate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just because you are overweight, that doesn't mean that you can't be beautiful or gorgeous. There are a lot of factors there and it's all person to person based and person to person personal preference.

Being blunt, there are some people who are actually into overweight girls, who think that average weight girls are not as attractive.

There are also overweight girls who have a really beautiful face.

There are also guys who know girls and can see past their physical appearance and see girls for their personality and who falk in love with that.

There are several different ways things could go.

My advice, if he's your friend and someone you believe and trust, then believe and trust him.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone have a different taste, what is wrong with being attracted to a fat person? Nothing's wrong with that.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Some guys find "big" girls attractive
    That is just the way it is
    Don't know about the guy in question but there are plenty of guys who honestly prefer large over petite
    Oddly the vice versa isn't the case no girls seem to find "big" guys attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • Bc if she got meat it's plenty for u to eat she can cook and she Gon clean and she actually more relaxed than smaller girls she ain't gonna trip about a lot that a average sized girl ad shockingly they have a lot of energy don't judge a book by it's cover and some people prefer their cookies warm and moist not dry and some people love the crumble of cookies

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, there's some guys that have a fetish for fat girls. Personally I can't see any attraction is fat girls, just looks unhealthy and gives me the vibe that she doesn't care about herself.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe he just likes you, the whole package and all. Also, many men are attracted to BBW's. It's a pretty face and warm smile that can win hearts.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be real, I used to genuinely have a big thing for plus sized women.

0|0
    0|0
  • there's a line. at some point i can't be attracted. it's not clear cut and easy but yeah to some point i can be attracted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Low self esteem (him, well you too). They think it will be easier. They like fat chicks.

0|0
    0|0
  • chubby chaser, your an easy target, take your pick.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like chubby girls with cute facial characters.. like beautiful eyes , lips etc

0|0
    0|0
  • Face can be attractive for most of overweight girls

0|0
    0|0
  • Cute face?

0|0
    0|0
  • And why not

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I am overweight... Guys are attracted to me probably cause of my face. I had low self esteem as well but I realized I’m beautifully and wonderfully made by god.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes