Why would a guy be attracted to an overweight girl?

Seriously, how is it even possible?

I'm NOT asking to be judgmental against "fat" girls. In this situation, I AM the fat girl. I'm about 5' 2" and weigh 220lb. I'm trying to lose weight, but am really struggling. Food has always been my source of comfort.

I have a friend who's constantly calling me beautiful and gorgeous. It's weird because even though I do believe that he's being genuine, I feel scared to fully believe and trust it. Having such low self esteem issues I just look at myself and wonder why on earth he's wasting his time on me. The attraction couldn't possibly be real.

Ugh...

214

Most Helpful Guys

• He's your friend, meaning he knows you other than as some Girl he spied somewhere. He knows your personality and much more.

Looks are not as all-important as Girls assume they are. For lots of guys, a great personalitym intelligence, and compatible interests can more than compensate.

• Just because you are overweight, that doesn't mean that you can't be beautiful or gorgeous. There are a lot of factors there and it's all person to person based and person to person personal preference.

Being blunt, there are some people who are actually into overweight girls, who think that average weight girls are not as attractive.

There are also overweight girls who have a really beautiful face.

There are also guys who know girls and can see past their physical appearance and see girls for their personality and who falk in love with that.

There are several different ways things could go.

My advice, if he's your friend and someone you believe and trust, then believe and trust him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone have a different taste, what is wrong with being attracted to a fat person? Nothing's wrong with that.