Have you heard of the app Bumble?

Have you heard of the app Bumble? Apparently it's kinda like Tinder. Has anyone used it? If so what are your thoughts on it as a dating site and would you recommend it? If not would you try it out?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, I use it. The women get to choose who they want to chat with. Of those women who don't like to be first to chat on dating apps, it not for you, and online dating isn't really either. In the face to face real world, men traditionally make the first move, but only because they have received or perceived a signal from a girl that she would be receptive to a guys advances. The online world has no such method for a guy to get an idea that a girl would be receptive to his approach, so girls get bombarded with messages by many guys they would not like talk to. Because guys have no clue as to what girls might like to talk to them, many just message or swipe right on all, just hoping to get a response and start a conversation. (throw spaghetti against the wall and see what sticks) The rules that apply to the real world don't work as well in the online world, when it comes to dating. Bubble helps bridge that gap, letting the girls choose who they would like to speak to, out of all the guys that would like to speak to them. The girls only has to send a :), and the guy can begin the conversation. The match only last for 24 hours for the girl to respond, or match goes away. The guys can extend the match for another 24 hours, to give the girl more time to respond. Most guys won't extend it many times, because he gets the message, and he can't send a nasty message if the girl decides not to respond. If the girl responds to a guy, and doesn't like the match, she can unmatch him, and he can't message her again. It's actually a bit more upscale than Tinder is, in my opinion.

2|3
    0|0
  • it's an okay app if you live in a large enough area. Like most dating apps if you live in a small area, the amount of people you meet on apps is going to small.
    Bumble is like tinder in the fact that it is really photo oriented. You have to go through all of the photo's before you get to the profile. The twist is that if a guy likes you, you (the woman) have to initiate the conversation within 24 hours, or the connection is lost.
    On th flip side of that, the guy has to reply within 24 hours, or the connection is lost as well. Once both of you reply to each other, only then can you keep chatting until you decide to meet up or not.
    It may be worth a try, but only if you live in an area that has lots of people in it.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I used it! I actually liked it because of the feature that women have to initiate first contact. I personally didn’t have any luck, met nothing but guys that were coming out of relationships and wanted yo have sex.. haaa

However, that was just what I encountered. The app itself has great features.

1|0
    0|0
    • Did you get any dates from it? I'm in a small area so not many around here on it it seems.

• I met up with a few guys that we meshed well over the phone, but it fizzled out.

• Ok. I just started it. But not sure how far it will all go.

• It's fine. Not really much different from other dating apps. The big "twist" is that women message first. So it can appeal to more "assertive" women and more "shy" guys statistically speaking; but it's pretty much all the same.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 59

• No, because I don't want to meet anyone locally

1|0
    0|0
  • It's irony in an app. Women on bumble are supposed to message first and take the initiative. In reality they just say Hi or Hey then expect me to do everything.

For as much as women complain about guys not showing initiative, you'd think they would be better at it...

1|6
    1|0
  • It's an interesting concept, given that women must send the first message.
    For whatever reason, I receive significantly fewer matches than I do on Tinder, per volume of swipes.
    Perhaps that relates to a woman's willingness to allow a man a shot, compared to their willingness to hit him up, first.
    Either way, I suppose it's not a bad option. Anything is worth a shot.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've used it, hit and miss as any site. Currently dating someone I met on it, talking to another.
    Also used Match, a lot of messaging for not much reward, maybe i'm just an ugly old git

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, you're really old.

• Show All
    • Ah okay, just the way you worded it was like you were dating someone while talking to another. Sorry my bad 😊

• I struggle with the vernacular sometimes. Dating someone to me is an informal stage getting to know someone, before seeing someone which implies a relationship. If i were seeing anyone it would be exclusive

• I was on Bumble for five months. I never got a single response, so it's probably pretty good for women. Then again I never got a single response on any dating app, except for once on Tinder. They asked me how tall I was, I answered, they stopped talking to me.

1|0
    0|0
    • How did you not get a single response? Bumble has the female users make contact.

• Show All
    • Lol at the tall question

• @Afrochick Lol, I just love how it's cool to make me feel like shit about myself.

• judging by recent posts Id say you're trying to get laid 😄

I've tried it but Tinder is better in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha no, I've just changed my mind. I thought I did but when I thought about it more and more I found out how insecure I really am 😅

It's just a friend suggested bumble and I was a little skeptical about it and curious if anyone else had used it or not 😊

• I did, but like usual
    Girls never make the first step so the app is blank.

0|0
    1|0
    • Are you trolling?

The quotes don't match with the thread.

• Have not tried it yet but I have not tried tinder yet either..

1|0
    0|0
  • I've tried it. Seems like even in an app where the whole point is for women to initiate women still are uncomfortable with initiating...

They released a version where both genders could initiate and marketed it a bit as if it was some new spin on bumble when it was basically just turning into your average dating app.

1|0
    0|0
  • Seem ads for it. I honestly really would not bother or care. I prefer something lik WeGoDo. Meet up to just try something, see something, or explore something. But you are free to try it and let us know what your results are.

1|0
    0|0
    • Not wanting to pry, but out of curiosity, have you tried WeGoDo?

• @LegateLanius Got some results from time to time. Go watch a movie, check out a place of interest locally, just activities. MeetUp is much more consistent and better though.

• I use bumble and tinder. Bumble gives more control to ladies

Bumble:
    I can swipe forever with out pay
    Fewer fake profiles
    More complete Profiles
    Fewer matches
    Ladies must go first
    Feels more serious

Tinder:
    More matches
    Profiles are often 1 pic no description.
    Ladies rarely seem to go first
    More for hook ups

1|0
    0|1
  • It’s not really new, I’ve had it for a few months myself.

Seems very inactive & the women still don’t even message within the time grant when you do get a match. Pretty useless.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm using it now. People swipe right or left. The woman has 24 hours to send a message to their match or the connection is gone forever. The guy will have 24 hours to respond. Women make the first step. Let me know hoe it works.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used it, it was meh. It felt like a poor mans tinder. The lady's choice feature is interesting but not something I look or enjoyed really. I got way more matches on tinder that lead somewhere.

1|0
    0|0
  • A friend of mine got a date on it. Apparently, it’s like Tinder, except that the girl has to start the conversation.

1|1
    0|0
  • Never heard of it. Never even used Tinder I find it to be degrading women n men. By judging people solely on appearance. Imagine getting hired through tinder. Lol

3|0
    0|2
  • Yeah it's worse than tinder in my opinion. Get matched up with girls who HAVE to message you in order for you to say something and they still say nothing. On tinder at least some reply.

1|2
    0|0
  • I have, and i tried it but they dont allow people under the 18 ofc. So it didn't work for me😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I have mixed thoughts about it. You can't chat until a woman matches with you. The problem is even after matching many women do not chat. Stay away from blank profiles.

1|1
    0|0
  • Just like every other app out there, only with the caveat that girls have to send the first message. Doesn't really make that much of a difference.

1|1
    0|0
  • It sounds good but I'm sure this app will waste my time and money. Have you tried Meet Me? All of the girls and guys are junkies; it was such a disappointment that it made me delete it. Don't try!

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't, but I am sure it is only being used for hook up for most of the guys.

1|0
    0|0
  • rubbish, binned. If you want a guy, look around with your eyes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it’s better than tinder because when you match the girl “has” to talk first

1|0
    0|0
  • Bumble is really no different from any other app. Most apps I have found similar experiences. Except POF. Never do POF lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • The twist is the girls initiate the date. I've had great luck on it, that is until i got banned... Lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've only heard people mention it. I'm pretty sure it's a hook up site.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm just not convinced that a lot of these apps/sites legit work.

1|0
    0|0
  • I tried it, no luck just like every other dating app.

1|0
    0|0
  • My sister is on Bumble, she was quite happy with the response she's gotten.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 15

• Yes, i didn't like it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have and stop it sucks donkey balls. The BFF bumble app is better thou but honestly I think Bumble puts fake profiles on the app because you would swipe on so many guys and only like 2 guys would message the rest won't so that's why I think it's fake and a youtube video on bumble many girls are saying the same thing. So I do think the app puts out bots or fake profiles on there to keep women on it.

1|0
    0|0
    • The profiles I am talking about will have very good looking guys like good looking that it's too good to be true.

• I use it! Honestly it's my favorite of the dating apps I've tried so far. I enjoy the role reversal of the girl being the one to contact.

I'm currently dating a guy I met from there. Nothing official yet, but I really really like him!

0|1
    0|0
    • Did it take a while to match and date?

• Show All
    • what made you chance you're mind this time?

• I wondered if stuff lime that happened where it is a fake profile to mug someone. I'm in a small enough area it would be hard to do that. Lol. I think I might stick with it and see what happens.

• Yes.

I've tried, but honestly It's not my thing. If a MAN likes me HE should initiate it contact.
    I will never in my life chase a man, nope nope nope.

0|0
    0|4
  • Yes, I've heard of Bumble. I have not used it, and I have not used any online dating sites, and never plan to. I will not try it out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Bumble wasn’t that enjoyable and I felt like I did all the work 👎🏻

2|0
    0|0
    • I barely got anyone to talk to me when I am okcupid I get a lot of messages. But the two guys I talk to one ghost me after a few days the other just match to cuss me out.

• Screw Tinder. What lame-0 actually uses it? It is just a hookup site for fuck boys and Ho's.

0|1
    0|1
    • You're right. Why can't there just be one where I can get hugs instead of sex?

• Ha most dudes won’t get laid from tinder or bumble, so it’s not even something fuck boys would have success on. I read a report where more that 70% of women use dating apps either for attentio/ ego stroke or out of boredom. So they may match or converse but rarely meet ups happen. Because most women using it especially cute pretty ones used it with no intention of meeting any dude. whetas I obviously more often guys are using it to meet women or in hopes whether sex or relationship.

• Yeah I use it.
    I like it because girls message first. So you don’t get bombarded with creepy messages right away.

1|0
    0|0
    • Have you been on it long? Have you been on a date from someone on it?

• @hindril yeah but a lot of men dont even respond. hahah

• Really? Thats kind of odd. Lol. I'm just waiting I guess. I've only been on it a few days. I'll see what happens.

• I have heard of it. I downloaded it for funsies, and... it didn't even work haha!

1|0
    0|0
  • I've heard some pretty interesting stories from my sisters experiences on it. id pass.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't use dating applications

1|1
    0|0
  • never

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope seems desperate

1|0
    0|0
  • Nopers

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it better than tinder. Guys are more serious there. And the guys can't message you first.
    There is a bff option to find new friends that are also looking for friends

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes