Have you heard of the app Bumble?

Have you heard of the app Bumble? Apparently it's kinda like Tinder. Has anyone used it? If so what are your thoughts on it as a dating site and would you recommend it? If not would you try it out?

1761

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, I use it. The women get to choose who they want to chat with. Of those women who don't like to be first to chat on dating apps, it not for you, and online dating isn't really either. In the face to face real world, men traditionally make the first move, but only because they have received or perceived a signal from a girl that she would be receptive to a guys advances. The online world has no such method for a guy to get an idea that a girl would be receptive to his approach, so girls get bombarded with messages by many guys they would not like talk to. Because guys have no clue as to what girls might like to talk to them, many just message or swipe right on all, just hoping to get a response and start a conversation. (throw spaghetti against the wall and see what sticks) The rules that apply to the real world don't work as well in the online world, when it comes to dating. Bubble helps bridge that gap, letting the girls choose who they would like to speak to, out of all the guys that would like to speak to them. The girls only has to send a :), and the guy can begin the conversation. The match only last for 24 hours for the girl to respond, or match goes away. The guys can extend the match for another 24 hours, to give the girl more time to respond. Most guys won't extend it many times, because he gets the message, and he can't send a nasty message if the girl decides not to respond. If the girl responds to a guy, and doesn't like the match, she can unmatch him, and he can't message her again. It's actually a bit more upscale than Tinder is, in my opinion.

• it's an okay app if you live in a large enough area. Like most dating apps if you live in a small area, the amount of people you meet on apps is going to small.
    Bumble is like tinder in the fact that it is really photo oriented. You have to go through all of the photo's before you get to the profile. The twist is that if a guy likes you, you (the woman) have to initiate the conversation within 24 hours, or the connection is lost.
    On th flip side of that, the guy has to reply within 24 hours, or the connection is lost as well. Once both of you reply to each other, only then can you keep chatting until you decide to meet up or not.
    It may be worth a try, but only if you live in an area that has lots of people in it.

Most Helpful Girls

• I used it! I actually liked it because of the feature that women have to initiate first contact. I personally didn’t have any luck, met nothing but guys that were coming out of relationships and wanted yo have sex.. haaa

However, that was just what I encountered. The app itself has great features.

• Did you get any dates from it? I'm in a small area so not many around here on it it seems.

• I met up with a few guys that we meshed well over the phone, but it fizzled out.

• Ok. I just started it. But not sure how far it will all go.

• It's fine. Not really much different from other dating apps. The big "twist" is that women message first. So it can appeal to more "assertive" women and more "shy" guys statistically speaking; but it's pretty much all the same.