Would you let your boyfriend go to a pool if you know there is a girl you don't like there?

My neigbour is having a pool party and invited me. The only thing i have to say is my girlfriend doesn't like her because she is kinda touchy (likes to hug). I will admit she is pretty good looking too but i dont think she likes me anyways. I told her i would go. I told my girlfriend this too. My girlfriend told me she doesn't want me to go but i kinda have too cause i promised the other girl plus she is my neigbour lol.

What should i do in this situation? My hands are tied here. I think i'll have to go regardless or else shit will get awkward. My neigbour also told me "your girlfriend better be ok with it cause i really want you there".

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Put yourself in your gf's shoes. If there was a guy that was being too nice towards her and you didn't like him. Would you be ok with her ONLY being invited to his house for a party?
    You said the neighbor acts nice around you, but rubs your girlfriend the wrong way. I could understand if this neighbor was a really good friend (the kind you hang out with often) of yours and your girlfriend was just being jealous of the attention you gave the chick. That would be something to make your girlfriend know that nothing will happen between you and the friend during this party. But your girlfriend has a right to be somewhat upset. Because it honestly sounds like this neighbor is being immature about the whole situation and she intentionally didn't invite your girlfriend too. So if she really is as innocent as you claim, she would try and put the bs aside and try and get along with your girlfriend regardless of whether or not your girlfriend decides to go.

• I agree with this ^

• Hey. I do agree if the tables were turned and i was in my gf's shoes i would not like this at all. I think you're right here. I will just tell this girl i cannot make it and she did not invite my girlfriend. But out of respect i won't go

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. ignore that request... Be a neighbor.. I assume your girlfriend was invited? if not , that was rude

• Its about trust.. If she can't trust you, whats the point of being with her, besides her thang.. Really, if you don't have trust in each other, whats the point.

No girlfriend or wife ever told me I couldn't do something

• They dont seem to like each other and my girlfriend was not invited, for this reason i guess it best not to go and say an excuse then

• Good man... Always consider the underlying plan.. Why not invite his girlfriend to a pool party?