How to get over rejection when you've taken it personally?

I have asked a few guys out and on all occasions I have been rejected. The reasons are either they do not want to date, no interest or prefer to be friends. Altho I get a lot of attention from guys I don't get asked out. The men I attract are either married/in a relationship and wanting a girl on the side or men who just want sex and no strings.

I'm in my 30s and I'm told by these men and my friends that beautiful and successful - a perfect girl - If circumstances were different then they would take me. Combined over the years this has really hit my self esteem badly and I think I'm ugly and not worthy of anything. I flood all my energy into my career and spend nights crying. Its pathetic but I am lonely. I feel like there is something wrong with me and that I'm the opposite of what those guys and friends are saying. I don't believe compliments anymore and tend to avoid them. When men approach me now I'm suspicious and the ones I like I don't bother approaching anymore because I feel like there is no point. It will only end in heartache.

I find rejection really tough. I take it personally and overthink it. I know I shouldn't but don't know how to get out of thinking negatively.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• only way to stop negative thinking is to occupy your mind with something else. Maybe it would help to consider some benefits to being single in the meantime. Don't want it to get to the point where you stop being yourself. Only thing i can think of is maybe just asking to hang out with some of them

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes