How to get over rejection when you've taken it personally?

I have asked a few guys out and on all occasions I have been rejected. The reasons are either they do not want to date, no interest or prefer to be friends. Altho I get a lot of attention from guys I don't get asked out. The men I attract are either married/in a relationship and wanting a girl on the side or men who just want sex and no strings.

I'm in my 30s and I'm told by these men and my friends that beautiful and successful - a perfect girl - If circumstances were different then they would take me. Combined over the years this has really hit my self esteem badly and I think I'm ugly and not worthy of anything. I flood all my energy into my career and spend nights crying. Its pathetic but I am lonely. I feel like there is something wrong with me and that I'm the opposite of what those guys and friends are saying. I don't believe compliments anymore and tend to avoid them. When men approach me now I'm suspicious and the ones I like I don't bother approaching anymore because I feel like there is no point. It will only end in heartache.

I find rejection really tough. I take it personally and overthink it. I know I shouldn't but don't know how to get out of thinking negatively.

01