Is this a red flag to an abusive relationship?

I’ve been dating this guy for quite some while.

Whenever we get in an argument, he always leaves. I find that so annoying and frustrating, when we have an issue I want to solve it, not have him yell at me back for a while then leave. Like literally he’ll just leave. I was at his apartment, we got in an argument and he just walked out the door. In his own house. I had to stay there for 2 hours until he got back because I didn’t want to leave it unlocked.

Well, I casually asked him about it today. He said, that his anger “have gotten the best of him” many times before, and that if he stays and gets angry enough he’s scared he’ll do something he regret. Now, is this a red flag?

What I got from that was that he was afraid he’d hurt me. And now I’m kinda scared about that too? Like he’s the most caring person ever he’s so cute I can’t imagine him ever hitting me. But like I just don’t know what to do... Is this like the beginning of an abusive relationship? Should I leave him? Help please

P. S: I should also probably mention that he obviously has a bit of anger issues, he told me it was more of a problem when he was a teen but boxing helps him managing it.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• No it's not a red flag it shows he is in control of his emotions and understands when he needs to cool of that's one of the better ways

0|0
    0|0
  • Big red flag

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I mean at least he's aware of his anger and has methods to control it. Taking a therapeutic walk when angry is something a lot of people do. You should probably just sit down and talk about your problems calmly and civilized

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes