How to be attracted to someone you find repulsive?

I've been trying the whole dating thing for a while and I've come to a conclusion. there are women that are attracted to me. Problem it's not the women i'm attracted to. I've been told women generally are attracted to a man's personality more than his looks. I know this isn't set in stone but i ask how do you women do it? Since the women i find attractive are apparently repulsed by me How do I not be repulsed by those women that find me attractive?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m far from convinced you can be

Most Helpful Guy

• "women generally are attracted to a man's personality"
    In most cases thats not true.. most of the time females wouldn't even give a guy theyre not attracted to the time of day. There would be no getting to know his personality if she never found him attractive in the first place.

• I could agree with that if the guy didn't have an "in" in some way. like in a social gathering friends of friends and what not. She would be exposed to his personality whereas she might not let him get past "hello" walking up to her on the street.

• I kind of feel like that's the crux of the matter i get women hitting on me but i'm not attracted to them at all. I think i eventually chase them away because i am deliberately not warm to them not because i'm mean but because i don't want to send the wrong signal like the signal that i'm interested in them in any way. I don't want to reject them i just want them to kind of take the hint. You know kind of like what attractive girls do to guys they are not interested in.