Girls, do you like a guy who is assertive and holds your hand during a first date?

¡Una primera cita muy elegante!
¡Una primera cita muy elegante!
Some people have sex on a first date. . . at least, that is what I have heard. For them, the questions are "will we end up in bed?" and "his place or mine?" If you are one of those people, this question probably is not for you.

This is for those people who are a bit more reserved. For those people, the idea of PERHAPS having a good night kiss at the end of the first date is exciting and maybe there will be some hand holding during the date. How do you feel about holding hands on a first date? Do you like it if a guy reaches out to hold your hand? Does it bother you? Is it something that you just tolerate? Or are you one of those people who wants to do much more than holding hands?
  • I've never had a first date
  • I've had first dates but none of them tried to hold my hand
  • I've had first dates, and those guys tried to hold my hand. but I wouldn't allow it. . . too much, too soon!
    Vote C
  • I've had first dates, those guys tried to hold my hand. and I allowed some of them to do it if I liked them
    Vote D
  • I've had first dates, those guys tried to hold my hand. and I always allowed them to do it. . . but it's too much too soon
    Vote E
  • I've had first dates, those guys tried to hold my hand. and I always allowed them to do it. . . but I liked it!
    Vote F
  • I've had first dates, those guys tried to hold my hand. and I always allowed them to do it. . . but I was hoping for much more!
    Vote G

25

Most Helpful Girls

• one a first date, if i feel connected, fun, lots of teasing, laughing, he can help me on, off car, taxi, stairs. actual hand holding might feel a bit too serious. i like the little touchy type of play to get to know ea. other. i can't recall the hand holding with my serious relationships on first dates.

• If I liked him its a nice assurance he likes me as well but just a momentary hand hold, not a continuous all night event requiring me to work with one hand to drink my wine or use my fork. thats a bit much.