Girls, do you like a guy who is assertive and holds your hand during a first date?

¡Una primera cita muy elegante!
¡Una primera cita muy elegante!
Some people have sex on a first date. . . at least, that is what I have heard. For them, the questions are "will we end up in bed?" and "his place or mine?" If you are one of those people, this question probably is not for you.

This is for those people who are a bit more reserved. For those people, the idea of PERHAPS having a good night kiss at the end of the first date is exciting and maybe there will be some hand holding during the date. How do you feel about holding hands on a first date? Do you like it if a guy reaches out to hold your hand? Does it bother you? Is it something that you just tolerate? Or are you one of those people who wants to do much more than holding hands?
  • I've never had a first date
    Vote A
  • I've had first dates but none of them tried to hold my hand
    Vote B
  • I've had first dates, and those guys tried to hold my hand. but I wouldn't allow it. . . too much, too soon!
    Vote C
  • I've had first dates, those guys tried to hold my hand. and I allowed some of them to do it if I liked them
    Vote D
  • I've had first dates, those guys tried to hold my hand. and I always allowed them to do it. . . but it's too much too soon
    Vote E
  • I've had first dates, those guys tried to hold my hand. and I always allowed them to do it. . . but I liked it!
    Vote F
  • I've had first dates, those guys tried to hold my hand. and I always allowed them to do it. . . but I was hoping for much more!
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• one a first date, if i feel connected, fun, lots of teasing, laughing, he can help me on, off car, taxi, stairs. actual hand holding might feel a bit too serious. i like the little touchy type of play to get to know ea. other. i can't recall the hand holding with my serious relationships on first dates.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I liked him its a nice assurance he likes me as well but just a momentary hand hold, not a continuous all night event requiring me to work with one hand to drink my wine or use my fork. thats a bit much.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 23

• I've had first dates, those guys tried to hold my hand. and I allowed some of them to do it if I liked them
    Only if I wasn’t into them I wouldn’t like it otherwise I like it, or if they link arms or put there arm round me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never had a first daye, but really it depends on the person. If you've know the guy for a while or been friends with him for a while then maybe it's okay. But if it's someone you're meeting for the first time, like a blind date or smt, then maybe it might be too soon.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's great for a guy to be assertive and hold my hand. I like it when we are connecting and I get a kiss at the end of the date as well. Because to me how I feel during the kiss is what tells me whether it's only a friendly connection or there's a passionate connection. It's in his kiss.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like to hold hands & give hi5s to my family, friends and close people. Even when I might really like the guy, if he does it in our first date I would feel uncomfortable and kind of "pressured" as if he's moving too fast.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've had first dates where holding hands is by far the most innocent thing a guy has tried. I don't go for things like that especially on the first date.
    To me holding hands, etc is a thing for couples.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not really into the thought of holding hands in public but if it's like in the picture suddenly grabbing my hand on the table, I wouldn't mind. I take it as a genuine interest. As long it doesn't go further than that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. I'd say I tolerate it but is not something that would make me lose my mind or make me think about him until the next date.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe somethings wrong with me but I feel uncomfortable as hell when someone touches my hand unless he’s my baby bro.

0|1
    0|0
  • If it’s natural and the date is going well then I enjoy it. I however don’t want it to feel forced or awkward

0|1
    0|0
  • We held hands and hugged during a first date, but we already knew and liked each other. It wasn't someone I barely knew.

0|1
    0|0
  • No not generally but if you ask first I maybe would consider it

0|1
    0|0
  • I consider hand holding a couple thing so I would be a little freaked out

0|1
    0|0
  • I love it when my boyfriend holds me..

0|1
    0|0
  • I love it!

0|1
    0|0
  • If I like the person yes, if not then no

0|1
    0|0
  • 2 strong scares me off so no

0|1
    0|0
  • No my hands get sweaty

0|1
    0|0
  • B...

0|1
    0|0
  • Just talk on a first date

0|1
    0|0
  • First date no that's too much

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy and how he does it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m not a hand holding person not really a hugging person either... I like assertive guys though

0|1
    0|0
  • No, i just want us to talk on the first date.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes