If someone hasn’t talked to me in a couple weeks does that mean I’ve been ghosted?

Updates:
And should I reach out or just wait and see if they contact me?
Thanks everyone for your replies and encouragement. I reached out to him and he responded right away. We made a little small talk so that was nice but we haven’t spoken since so I’m not sure what will happen but at least I wasn’t ghosted.

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

• please contact him. its a great feeling to have a girl showing interest, esp based on one of ur replies it looks as if that's very true of him

1|1
    0|0
    • You think so? Okay I’ll reach out to him this weekend and say hi.. I’m a shy girl so I gotta build up a little courage

• Show All
    • I wanted to update you. I contacted him today, I was super nervous so I just said "hey sweetie, how are you doing?" and a few minutes later he replied that he was doing good and he asked me how I was. I told him, "i'm alright and I'm glad you're doing well" and a few minutes later he replied " Awe, only alright?" (he knows I have depression and anxiety) and I answered "Idno I'm okay lol" and he said "I hope things improve either way" And I said thanks for that and I hope the same for you, and he said "thanks boo" so I said you're welcome and that was the end of the convo. So I definitely wasn't ghosted but I'm unsure if he's really interested in me or not. Maybe he's just being polite?

• Good job! Way to push through : ) its tough to say how or what he's feeling, though from what I understand it looks like he cares! Give it time, maybe he has his own things he's going through. Maybe open another question to G@G and see what others think or update this one. Datings tough, but im sure you'll figure it out : )

ask him other questions too next time you talk:
      hows your week been? do anything fun lately? ask him how his hobbies are going (say for example he was working on a painting, ask him how its coming along), etc. General fun things that aren't too personal

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you messaged them at all in the 3 weeks?

0|0
    0|0
    • No, I haven’t

• Show All
    • Sorry for my typos

• That's the spirit. And one glass isn't bad for you. Just don't get shitfaced before you text him

I wish you luck

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• Not at all, a lot of times I just get caught up with things and don't message anyone at all. Reach out to them, always puts a smile on my face when I know someone thinking about me

4|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for the encouragement

• Depends on your individual relationship.. Ordinarily I would say yes if they were your partner and the relationship was kind of shaky and then they stopped. But if it is in the initial stages where you're not actually together then maybe reach out to them! They may be wondering why you're not texting them!

1|0
    0|0
  • Why dont you just contact him? Guys appreciate if the girl puts the tiny bit of effort to tx first. That way we know it's not one sided. No one likes to feel like their putting in all the effort. Ideally it should be like 50/50 but that's imagination land.

1|0
    0|0
  • You should reach out, and see what happens. Specifics matter and if you also haven’t contacted them, then you’re partially to blame. It’s a two way street you know.

1|1
    0|0
  • Dome times guys just lose track of how long it's been other times they just want to know you want to talk

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't listen to any of these sick heads, "work it out, someone will notice you" "just grab the next dick" look I'd probably say the same shit 1 years go but generally what you want to look for is balance, sometimes guy are slow or shy or perhaps busy, nothing wrong with you calling him one or twice but that is it, if he doesn't return the same interest your showing him then clearly he's not that into you so it's best to move on if your looking for a serious relationship, because if someone is in to you, you would know it instead of being here asking obvious questions you can answer your self. Ghosted

3|0
    0|0
  • Yes. If you want to talk to them though, don't wait.

2|1
    0|0
  • To the first part of your question, no not necessarily... and secondly you can reach out, where's the harm?

1|0
    0|0
  • I only just learned what that term even meant lol, but yeah, forget it. Go after someone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • Reach out and grab the next dick they see you with and watch them go crazy

1|0
    1|0
  • Probably yes but you won't know until you ask them. Maybe they have been busy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dont know, you should find out, call him/her and see whats the problem.

1|0
    0|0
  • In my experience, yes. But it can never hurt to send a friendly message.

1|0
    0|0
  • let's see, shake the magic 8 ball and... yep, more than likely so.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be that that someone has a busy week/weeks. But I think that you should reach out and figure out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not unless you've tried to contact them and they've actively avoided talking to you.

0|0
    0|0
    • No the last time I reached out first he acted all happy and even told me thanks for reaching out but it’s been two weeks since we talked so I’m a little worried

• Some people (myself included) kinda figure that if they dont contact me they must not be interested, but if everybody thinks that then nobody will ever talk to anybody.

• Couple of weeks? Then yeah no doubt they dont wanna speak to you

0|0
    0|0
  • no it doesn't mean that, maybe all he needs is that just you

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean?

• what i mean is, he just gets hurted by something or something happened that made him doesn't want to talk to anyone or about anything.
      just take the first step talk to him say i'm here he might appreciates that or he is just a fool and you will not talk to him again. at least you can know

• I see what you mean

• No. 😂 that isn’t what ghosting is. Nice try girl.

0|0
    2|0
    • I mean that’s why I’m asking because I’m worried that this guy I like is avoiding me or something idno what happened or if it’s okay to reach out and say hi

• Show All
    • Fuck off.

• Maybe. Reach out and see.

1|0
    0|0
  • Have you talked to them?

1|0
    0|0
  • You might wanna call the Ghostbusters

0|2
    0|0
  • Fuck him he's not interested or he's got a girl

1|0
    0|0
  • No but it's happening soon

0|0
    0|0
  • Who didn't talk

0|0
    0|0
  • Work it it out. Someone should notice you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find a backup man in case they did get ghosted

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck yeah you did.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Not necessarily. I haven't talked to a female friend of mine in a couple of weeks because I never felt comfortable around her - she was very particular about what kind of people she wanted to associate with and she was extremely pretty and filthy rich - so I was always worried she would ditch me after being friends with me for a period of time - which is why I never started conversations with her and she started all the conversations. I've been avoiding my best friend too because we talk for 3-6 hours a day and I feel like I've had too much of her this week. If I' not dating somebody and they aren't family and they aren't young children or aged seniors or religious clergy - then I don't want to talk to them every day - I don't care how wonderful they are - I simply need distance once in a while.

2|0
    0|0
  • Could be. But if it is a Guy, He could Come out of the Woodwork at any Given Time to say "Hi," With a Motive in Mind. If so, Gibe Joe, The Cold Shoulder and Show him some Tough Love so he Doesn't Try and Pull it Again, My Friend. xx

1|0
    0|0
    • *Give it a test and reach out with a "How are you?" But no More after This. xx

• I would say not necessarily. my friend just hooked up w a guy and he didn’t talk to her after a couple days even though before they had sex they talked every day. she reached out to him and he said everything was fine and talking to her like normal. i say you should reach out first because they do say a phone works both ways

3|1
    0|0
  • Well.
    It depends..
    I mean if u see that person in person then yes

But if that person is online. . then 1. It could mean they r busy
    Or 2 . You are ghosted

0|0
    0|0
    • No he stopped checking his dating app. We don’t live in the same city so I don’t see him around but idno I think I’ll send him a text this weekend if I haven’t heard from him

• who is this person?

there are times my friend and i dont talk for months...

but S. O. would be differnet...

0|0
    0|0
    • Well we’re friends with benefits nothing more but I kind of miss him

• Show All
    • I mean I want a SO but I was falling for him a bit

• if you want to feel love and special. i am not sure if this relationship will give you that feeling

• You have to consider that that person is a living their life just like you and they might be dealing with something that you maybe don’t know about? (Didn’t mean to sound rude if I did)

1|0
    0|0
  • You should contact him and see :) Maybe something has come up and he's busy, you'll never know. He actually might appreciate you checking up on him.

1|0
    0|0
  • If they ghosted you, just leave them alone it means they aren't interested in you or found someone better.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeppers that's usually how it starts.

And no you shouldn't contact them all - you should just move on to someone that likes you

0|0
    0|0
  • try and contact him if he doesn't awsear you move on

1|0
    0|0
  • No, that’s not the definition of being ghosted. Trust me when I say that you will know when you are ghosted and you won't even have to ask.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you think it’s okay for me to reach out and talk to him or should I wait for him to contact me?

• Indeed

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you tried to messages him? If he doesn’t respond then yes.

0|0
    0|0
    • I haven’t sent him a text yet

• Show All
    • I’m sorry. I know it’s sucks. Kinda just went through the same thing.

• I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you find someone that loves and cherishes you.

Recommended myTakes