How do I get my boyfriend to take initiative?

My boyfriend is almost terrified of pushing me too far, so I always have to make the first move. Is there anything I can do (that isn’t outrightly telling him this) that can get him to start making the first move and initiating things? Like he won’t kiss me for like more than a second or two, and he won’t hold me or anything. How can I get him to do that?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you could tell him how you feel. He'll never really know unless you communicate with him

• Looks like another MHO, eh?

hmm, i wonder if it's cause it's the ONLY OTHER GUY THAT ANSWERED

AND YOU"RE ALLOWED TO PICK TWO of the same gender

Most Helpful Girl

• Communication is key. You will either get him to change his behaviors, or you will find that you two are incompatible.
    As long as you understand the implications of that, you'll be fine.

• looks like a biased MHO to me

not the TRUTH

• @clarinet89 You're claiming your opinion as fact, that was your first mistake. It's illogical to even call your opinion the truth. You clearly don't understand the basics of creating and supporting an argument.

• my opinion here, is fact. ITS THE TRUTH