Would YOU date a single mom or dad?

Would YOU date a single mom or dad?
  • Yes I would depending on their personality and/or looks
  • No I would not
  • Depends on other things (explain)
    Vote C
hmm surprised there's so many yes's to this. i've seen similar questions to this before and saw way more no's on those

3862

Most Helpful Girls

• In my early twenties, I wouldn't have. Now, I'd be more open to it. But I'd be more likely to agree if the child was older (5 years and up) but under preteen. As a person who's not a parent myself, it'd be a little extra pressure on the relationship during those early and teenage years.

• I have the greatest of respect for single parents... I was raised by one. (Well, okay, a widower... my father wasn't single by choice; my mother died giving birth to me. But that still counts.)

I'm not sure I would date one, though; it would depend on the child. I never had problems with my father dating, but a lot of kids (especially young kids) HATE it when the parent finds someone... they become afraid they're being replaced and respond by hating the new person in the parent's life.

If you have a child, then the child should take priority, at least until said child is old enough to take care of itself.

Most Helpful Guys

• I would, but no one would ever date me so it's a moot point. Really, the only people willing to date single parents are the people that no one would every give a chance to before. So single parents just take advantage of these people, tell them they love them and then feed on their desperation, getting them to help raise a child they have nothing to do with, then when they don't need them anymore, they divorce them after sucking them dry for years and years.

• Probably wouldn't date a single mom. I don't go on dates without any Intention to have an exclusive relationship at some point, should things go well, and since I also have kids, it would be really hard for me to live with her and her kids but not with mine.