Vote A
  • No I would not
    Vote B
  • Depends on other things (explain)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
hmm surprised there's so many yes's to this. i've seen similar questions to this before and saw way more no's on those

1|2

Most Helpful Girls

• In my early twenties, I wouldn't have. Now, I'd be more open to it. But I'd be more likely to agree if the child was older (5 years and up) but under preteen. As a person who's not a parent myself, it'd be a little extra pressure on the relationship during those early and teenage years.

0|2
    2|0
  • I have the greatest of respect for single parents... I was raised by one. (Well, okay, a widower... my father wasn't single by choice; my mother died giving birth to me. But that still counts.)

I'm not sure I would date one, though; it would depend on the child. I never had problems with my father dating, but a lot of kids (especially young kids) HATE it when the parent finds someone... they become afraid they're being replaced and respond by hating the new person in the parent's life.

If you have a child, then the child should take priority, at least until said child is old enough to take care of itself.

3|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I would, but no one would ever date me so it's a moot point. Really, the only people willing to date single parents are the people that no one would every give a chance to before. So single parents just take advantage of these people, tell them they love them and then feed on their desperation, getting them to help raise a child they have nothing to do with, then when they don't need them anymore, they divorce them after sucking them dry for years and years.

0|2
    0|0
  • Probably wouldn't date a single mom. I don't go on dates without any Intention to have an exclusive relationship at some point, should things go well, and since I also have kids, it would be really hard for me to live with her and her kids but not with mine.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 36

• Definitely. I love kids. I'd love to spend time with them, get to know them and help him look after them. I know making a bond with them is very difficult as kids takes some time to welcome you in their life. But I know they'll like me eventually.
    I know they'll always be his priority and I won't ever have problem with it. In fact, it will make me like him even more

0|1
    0|0
  • My ex was. He's trying to get primary physical custody of his daughter. He's a divorce lawyer, so he'll probly win.

0|2
    0|1
    • Not to be a dick, but it's HIS daughter, not yours. The least you can do is not separate her from her only real parent left.

• Show All
    • Also, you said it not me. He won't mod me again for swearing, that's for sure.

• @Benedek38 getting just a little too personal buddy.

• I’m probably at the pinnacle of changing my stance on that. It was always a definite no unless I was the at the age where that was kind of all that was available or I had children of my own then the situation would be more relatable

0|2
    0|0
  • No. It would hurt too much to fall in love with a guy and his kids too and later on it doesn't work out and you never see them again. I'm Talking from experience.

1|2
    0|0
    • I like reading this. A lot of people think about there feelings and what they want. Kid need stability not adults coming in and out of their lives.

• The last two long term relationships I had were with single fathers with new born baby’s. but I do not think I’m going to be making that life choice again if it every comes up. It’s to painful after a break up to no longer be involved with the children, for me at least.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think I would consider it only if he's a widow. Becsause I don't want to have to deal with another woman in his life.

1|2
    0|0
  • As long as the kid was 2 or 3 and vould be easily influenced to see me as “mommy” but that would of course mean the real mom doesn't need to be in the pic and if she is, then she better be taken by another man

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on what the relationship is like with the baby mama, what the kid is like (though I wouldn't expect to meet it early on), and really how into the guy I am.

0|3
    0|0
  • Oh man i have a long story to tell as i was a single mom and my boyfriend was a single dad. Not all baby "mama"/"daddy" drama is the same... Its just not.

But i would date a single dad again their are some very civil co-parenting families like that and im okay with that. Drama? That depends on the situation honestly.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, i couldn't. I don't want children and don't want to marry a man who has kids already. My life is not a hallmark movie.

2|1
    0|2
  • Hell no. Raising some other goys kids? That's some terminal stage cuckoldry

0|3
    0|0
  • My boyfriend has 2 kids and he and them have become everything to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I’m too young to date someone who has a child, but I’d be open to it

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I would. I have kids we’d get along better if he had his own. Plus guys that have kids tend to be more stable and mature. At my age it would be odd to me to not have kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want kids, but if I was compatible enough with him I'd consider it.

0|2
    0|0
  • Nope, too much drama. Been there done that, won't do again

3|0
    0|1
  • I'm a single mom and wouldn't mind dating a single dad if I was attractived to him :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally don't like kids very much. I don't want kids, even step kids.

0|1
    1|0
  • No, only because usually it gets really sticky when you have to deal with the other parent. I like to avoid drama from the past.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope.. there might be too much drama with the baby mama

0|1
    0|0
  • For the most part I would shy away from dating someone who has children.

0|1
    0|0
  • i dont want kids so no. unless theyre old and out of the house

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope not happening he she will do the same thing have kids with me then move on

0|1
    0|1
  • Sure if I were a single mom myself. But now, no I'm not a single mom.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not stupid.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don’t want any baby mama drama so no

0|2
    0|0
  • i respect them and i love kids but still i won't

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really I don't want to be a step mother

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe when I'm older, but right now? No, thanks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 60

• No, not until i am much older and don't mind having kids in my life. For now i am not yet ready for that responsibility and do not want to have my freedom restricted by the time consuming task of raising a child.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe when I'm 30 but definitely not now. It's not just the girl who will be in your life it's the kid too, a package deal! Then there's possible baby daddy drama, I rather avoid the extra baggage.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have - it was fine... all three women. It just wasn't perfect. Had nothing to do with her crotchfruit.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have, and am currently talking to one. I dont see it as such a big deal. For me, their thoughts on future children is a bigger issue then what kids they have already.

0|1
    0|0
  • If she had kids, I'd accept them as part of the deal. My only rule is that the mother has to want me but not need me, because I'm not going to be a scapegoat just so she has access to extra childcare and money.

I've been involved with some dangerous occupations before so if something happens to me or if i die, I want to know that the kids, even if she and I dont have any of our own, will be taken care of and in good hands.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm really shocked that all these answers that a lot of women wouldn't date a guy if he was a single parent. Just because you were single parent doesn't mean you have baby mama drama some people really got it together and some people are single parent cuz the mother might not even be alive or even in the picture so I think you guys should really think about your answers and also think about the situation cuz there's many different type of situations.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well i would Yes. but apparently in my experience since i have no kids. Women feel my thought patterns are different and hard for them to deal with. I want kids myself but never had any. I dont know how i am supposed to interact with someone else's kids when I'm not their parent and i dont want to say or do anything i shouldn't. So its hard to date a woman with kids especially when you have never had any of your own

0|0
    0|0
  • If the circumstances are right. Yes

Sometimes you guys just happen to like each other. It just works
    Might as well go with it. A good connection... attraction. Is worth the potential ‘negatives’

And hey, sometimes you actually Enjoy being around her kids

0|0
    0|0
  • If the child was 18 and about to leave home forever, then maybe. Otherwise its a no from me

0|3
    0|0
  • If I loved her, I wouldn't care if she had a child also.

1|1
    0|0
  • As long as the other parent was supportive and not make things awkward. I'd consider it

0|1
    0|0
  • Given the choice I would prefer to date the single mom rather than the single dad.

0|1
    0|0
  • no problem...
    When a child is small is not considered a hindrance

0|2
    1|0
  • Only if I myself were a single parent. If not then not.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I'm willing to date just about anyone once or twice.

Marry or commit depend on the situation.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be reluctant to date a single mom if I was single.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep but has to have great personality and be attractive

0|1
    0|0
  • No, never. I want my own kids, in my own time with my own girl. I would never start a relationship with someone who already has a kid from someone else.

The only exception is if I marry... we have a child and children and then after years (long in the future) we divorce or I become a widower and I have then a single dad who is much older. I'd be dating much older women and I'm a single dad so then I'd assume most of the women in that pool will have kids.

As a guy with no kids I'd never date someone with kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why on Earth would I be with someone who will always put their kids above me?

0|2
    0|0
  • i'd rather drench my peg-d in honey then start running naked with one torch in each hand, singing "turn it up" from Ted Nugent

0|0
    0|0
  • It would depend upon several factors including how many fathers, the relationship between the two parents, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a guy without any kids I'd say women with kids I tend to avoid but at the end of the day if the connection is there then you'd be silly not to

0|0
    0|0
  • Single mom yes. But won't rush into the relationship without knowing full background.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure. If we like each other and want to date, why not. Besides kids are great and I want to be a dad

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on a few things. How old is the mom? How old are the kids?

0|1
    0|0
  • No i want to have my own kids... i want to be their dad not their mom's husband

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah man that sounds like a later in life thing to do if anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't go out my way to find one.
    But let's say the kid resembles me in some way, I might consider it. Taken that it's a serious relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • At my age, we are pretty much carrying that baggage

0|0
    0|0
  • Like i dont mind if she has kids as long as she has a good personality and is happy

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes