I made the biggest mistake of my life?

the past few years from 21 to 24 have been turbulent... i never did what i wanted to do but i always did what my family wanted me to do. because of that i got really depressed... like suicidal... at least i pretended so that my fam woulf leave me alone... in the end i got to so hurt... and i was the perfectly stable girl turned into an unstable person seeking help and i regret doing it... cause i got diagnosed with a horrible personality disorder when thats not me... now i regret ever going... im scared me never getting to adopt children... me. having my kids taken away all because of a stupid mistake of going to a psychologist what can i do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My father was very domineering and controlling, but I stood up to him as a teen. We learned where each others' "stop" buttons were very quickly. I'm sorry that you missed the chance to find your own path. I doubt that anyone would take your kids, simply because you have a past with a psyche doctor. What matters is how you treat your kids in the present and future.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing is even lying about mental illness and making up a personality disorder isn’t a healthy behaviour that people of sound mind do. If you regret your actions then your safest bet is to start again and be honest about where you’re at to get some help that’s actually appropriate for you. Compulsive lying isn’t a normal behaviour and feeling the need to do that to get your family off your back is pretty much the worst way. You could have been learning how to better set your boundaries and form the relationship that YOU need instead of how to avoid them behind a smoke screen.
    They don’t prevent adoptions because people have a history a minor mental health - but they will if that history poses a danger to those children and their stability.
    If your go-to in avoiding responsibility and accountability is lying about such serious matters then are adopting children that may have their own mental health issues really the best thing when they should be placed with someone able to provide stability and support

1|0
    0|0
    • the thing is i went to see the doc for depression cause my life was a mess.. and what did i do? created this huge mess

• Show All
    • the reason why i did it was because my real personality wasn't good enough for this world... i thought i needed to be like 'unstable' to be interestinf

• u see growing up in my household... all my siblings never used to help on another... i did.. i was always the one helping others... they never helped me out.. they always told me how i was boring and never out there.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Don't regret seeking help- a personality disorder is a serious matter. Can you have your own biological Children?

0|0
    0|0
    • i dont have a personality disorder... thats the thing... i never felt crazy my entire life... everybody loved me growing up... everybody. i felt bad for the last couple of months and i describe that and this is what i get... it doesn't matter this is horrible.. im not mentally ill

• I'm not good at this but i think it's good u went to a psychologist.
    They help u, even if u don't know it or wanna admit it. Now u can help urself getting better.
    We all need help in life.

0|0
    0|0
    • i didn't needed the help i was being dramatic

• Show All
    • i dont have kids yet

• Oohhh, i have no idea now... I'm sorry

• Start over. the things that are troubling you now will fade as you move on. use what you have went through as life lessons to help others such as kids not go through the same thing

0|0
    0|0
  • parents who abuse kids like this should spend time behind bars.

0|0
    0|0
  • How damaging would it be to come clean and tell them what you did, and why you did it?

0|0
    0|0
    • because then they will probably diagnose me with something else like a narcissistic pd or ptsd now i just got a preliminary diagnosis which is nt 'reL'

• Then I guess you gotta roll with it. I don't see other choices - it's leave as is, or confess
      (and when do the kids come in to the picture? If it's some time down the road, people can get better over time. Just a thought)

• You need professional help asap. Can you trust any of your friend? So sorry to hear

0|0
    0|0
  • don't reproduce anymore.

0|0
    0|0
    • wtf are u talking about.

What Girls Said 1

• I am so sorry for what had happend..
    My advice is go to the judge and tell the judge what had happened or if u can get a lawyer..
    I know that ( if u were a great mother with no abused and etc... ) then I know the judge would give u counseling

Etc

If u wanna chat feel free to follow me and message me..

0|0
    1|0
    • i really regret going... i really do

• Going to where?
      Going to get help?
      Don't regret it

• yes very much

Recommended myTakes