I made the biggest mistake of my life?

the past few years from 21 to 24 have been turbulent... i never did what i wanted to do but i always did what my family wanted me to do. because of that i got really depressed... like suicidal... at least i pretended so that my fam woulf leave me alone... in the end i got to so hurt... and i was the perfectly stable girl turned into an unstable person seeking help and i regret doing it... cause i got diagnosed with a horrible personality disorder when thats not me... now i regret ever going... im scared me never getting to adopt children... me. having my kids taken away all because of a stupid mistake of going to a psychologist what can i do?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• My father was very domineering and controlling, but I stood up to him as a teen. We learned where each others' "stop" buttons were very quickly. I'm sorry that you missed the chance to find your own path. I doubt that anyone would take your kids, simply because you have a past with a psyche doctor. What matters is how you treat your kids in the present and future.

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing is even lying about mental illness and making up a personality disorder isn’t a healthy behaviour that people of sound mind do. If you regret your actions then your safest bet is to start again and be honest about where you’re at to get some help that’s actually appropriate for you. Compulsive lying isn’t a normal behaviour and feeling the need to do that to get your family off your back is pretty much the worst way. You could have been learning how to better set your boundaries and form the relationship that YOU need instead of how to avoid them behind a smoke screen.
    They don’t prevent adoptions because people have a history a minor mental health - but they will if that history poses a danger to those children and their stability.
    If your go-to in avoiding responsibility and accountability is lying about such serious matters then are adopting children that may have their own mental health issues really the best thing when they should be placed with someone able to provide stability and support

• the thing is i went to see the doc for depression cause my life was a mess.. and what did i do? created this huge mess

• the reason why i did it was because my real personality wasn't good enough for this world... i thought i needed to be like 'unstable' to be interestinf

• u see growing up in my household... all my siblings never used to help on another... i did.. i was always the one helping others... they never helped me out.. they always told me how i was boring and never out there.