Should I keep hanging out with her? Should I ask if it's ok?

I've been talking to an old friend I recently got back in touch with. We hung out once a few weeks ago. I then asked her out on a date and she said now wasn't a good time for her and that she's dating someone right now but "it's complicated right now". Whatever that means. She said she still wanted to be friends. We are suppose to hang out again this weekend. I kind of feel weird hanging out with her since she said she was dating someone. I feel like I might interfere in her relationship. I also feel weird because I tried to date her and I still would want to. She's the one who has suggested us hanging out so I guess it's ok. Sometimes she acts kind of distant. For example the other day I texted her asking if we were still hanging out and she didn't reply until the next day. Even though she was the one who had suggested we hang out. Anyway should I ask her if it's ok that we are hanging out since she's dating someone? Should I even be hanging out with her?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 2

• You can hang out with her. Just dont do anything you dont want, or feel, like you need to. and dont act on any feelings that are more than platonic if she still has a boyfriend.

Do not dwell on her. If she has a boyfriend then explore your options.

0|0
    0|0
    • Should I bring up if it's ok that we are hanging out because she's dating someone? I honestly don't know if she still is. I also probably shouldn't bring up me asking her on a date. That might make it awkward

• Show All
    • Thanks man. I sure hope I am. I know I'm pretty much friendzoned and I'm probably crazy to think I could get out of it.

• I wouldn't count on getting out of it. Unless she says otherwise, I think you should look to someone else for a girlfriend, cuz she already knows you're interested, and she told you she has a boyfriend which means she isn't interested in you like you are with her, so unless she says otherwise, look somewhere else for a girlfriend.

• I wouldn't I think it would cause a lot of trouble for the both of you guys

0|0
    0|0
    • Should I bring up if it's ok that we are hanging out because she's dating someone? I honestly don't know if she still is. I also probably shouldn't bring up me asking her on a date. That might make it awkward

Recommended myTakes