Feeling insecure whenever my girlfriend goes out. How do I deal with it?

I've always considered myself a confident guy. I've never struggled to attract women and never really felt jealous before. However, now i met a woman whom i want more than just some fun with, and made her my girlfriend. Everything is great for the most part, however I've discovered something about myself that I fear could become an issue. Whenever she goes out with her friends (not very often) i start feeling very insecure. I don't consciously doubt her loyalty. But i can't help feeling a bit anxious when she's out. Anxious that she'll get into trouble, into the wrong car, mixing with unsavoury people, just generally putting herself at risk.
I think these fears may stem from a previous relationship, where my ex would often end up getting stoned with some random guys she'd never met before kilometers out of town. Which eventually led to her being tricked into taking something a bit more serious, and eventually cheating on me.
I don't think such irrational anxieties are good for our relationship, so my question is, how do i deal with these emotions?

10