Girls, Do you care if a guy talks about politics on a date?

Let's say you go out with a guy on a date and he discusses politics, could be about future elections, an issue that plagues another country or something else. Do you find that boring/unnecessary or something you don't mind diving into it? I understand women/girls want to enjoy the night since they agreed to go out on a date but as a political science grad and someone who studies law, they are two topics that I enjoy getting into.

I mean sure I can be funny or talk about video games, sports, or Marvel movies but I think hearing someone's political views actually says a lot about them actually. Example, I don't think I can continue going out with a girl who's political ideology accepts other people getting massacred overseas.

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I wouldn't mind if he mentioned it in passing. I'd like to his stance on many world affair issues. But I'd find it boring if that's all he talked about. Talking about one topic, subject, on a date is a huge turn off. I'd end up leaving early.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some girls might like it. I personally hate it because most guys are too stubborn on their political views and are handicapped to Respect differences in opinions.

0|0
    0|0
    • You have a point, why have you have encountered that on a date?

• Show All
    • Can I just say, wow you have perfect flawless skin :-o

• lol sorry I know that was random.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Nope, it's a great topic to talk about to prevent an awkward silence and to get to know each other more by our political stances lol
    I'd care if he'd be very against my own views though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would easily become extremely bored and thoroughly pissed off if he simpy ranted on and on.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, there is a difference between talking about an issue rather then someone spewing out an abundance of info where it's a 1-sided affair.

• I'm not much into politics, but I wouldn't mind if he starts talking about politics.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would finish the date and not have another with him.

0|0
    0|0
    • In another words, you would friend zone him. I’m just curious, what if the guy was really good looking that you had the hots for and he talked about an issue that was long and drawn out, would you still care?

• Show All
    • Well, since I’m married, I am not in the market for male companionship.

• Darn I was looking for that companionship, and all I got was bad news lol

• Wouldn't mind it as long as he's open minded about other opinions within reason of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d get bored

0|0
    0|0
  • Not on the first date

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind as long as he is up for a heated debate if we have opposing views it's honestly very insightful talking politics with someone

0|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn’t mind it, but I’d prefer not.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes