Girls : male behavior?

has a guy ever made you feel unsafe, used, abused, exploited, and threatened?

I believe many men do this without knowing it. Or dont understand why what they are doing make a woman feel like that. Will you all please help us me out by giving us examples of what we do that makes you feel that way?

2|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Only rarely but I hate it when men seem to assume a woman would be intimated by them it really pisses me off as if they think of me as this weak little pathetic woman and them to be superior.

I've been stalked and sexually harassed before but no one has ever got to me without a fight. Only one time when I was 17 and meeting my cousin in town and a man I'm assuming who was a African migrant and looked in his late 20s and high off some form of drug kept following me around, firstly he just walked past me and slapped my but and said "sexy" and after I went outside my cousins work he seemed to be there and tried to caress my face and kiss me whilst saying "you know you're very pretty" but fortunately a family friend who also work's with my cousin saw what was going on a threatened him with a butchers knife and then he took me into the shop and made me a cup of tea to calm down a little and then reported him to the security in the shopping center we were in when the guy slapped my butt. Ever since I've always been a little scared of going in town by myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Strangers:
    Well, some men just stare creepily from my head to toe, it's like they are undressing me with their eyes, plus it's a very intense stare.

Some men catcall or whistle (not at me, that never happened to me, but it'll make me uncomfortable if it happens).

Some men would brush against you (they don't do it unintentionally, they make it obvious), or try to touch you inappropriately in a crowded place (such as, in a bus)

Known people :
    I've had some male teachers who would make it obvious that they are attracted to me (Staring at me a lot, picking me even if my hand isn't up to answer a question, complimenting me a bit too much, etc)

1|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• Yes, a lot. Men do it all the time, and I believe the majority of them know it. That or they just don't care. The worst was my ex boyfriend. He was just a trash person in general. It had nothing to do with him being a guy. He hated everything and everyone and was so negative about everything.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have met guys who have made me feel unsafe or used, but they are not the majority of the guys I know.

Mostly, guys who I have pursued romantically have demanded sex, and would insult or outright ignore me when I told them I’m uncomfortable with that. I’ve been bullied and threatened by male teachers (only happened twice though) for unknown reasons.

0|1
    0|0
    • Very good. Thank you. Would you say then that there is a sttong correlation to a man having sexual feelings for you... and some sort of behavior that would make you uncomfortable?

• Show All
    • Exactly.

• Beautiful. Thank you for letting us know from your point of view

• i went on a date with a guy to the cinema and he put his arm round me and i had my hand on his thigh, which was fine. but then he kept trying put his hand inside my bra and moving my hand onto his crotch. once is fine but when i stopped him and moved my hand again he'd wait a minute then try again. when he wouldn't respect me making it clear i didn't want to go further it made me uncomfortable and a bit scared tbh

0|1
    0|0
    • At your age... you need to put a stop to that right away when you dont like it. He won't understand unless you are firm with him

• yeh we didn't go on another date cos i told him after how uncomfortable he made me

• No. Men make me feel safer. Without men I'd feel unsafe.
    I haven't been abused nor threatened thankfully. And a guy hasn't used or exploited me. Actually, girls did a lot more. They kept using me to get better grades...

1|1
    0|0
  • I've only ever felt used, abused, manipulated, or creeped out by a few guys I've chatted with and knew through messaging only.
    In the real world, I feel safe and so much nicer with guys around. To us females, there's something so pleasant and calming about the presence of a male. It's so nice when (good men) are around 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • A couple of guys made me feel used but I get it a lot more around females and so tend to let down my guard a lot more around men, with gals they tend to use abuse my trust and loyalty and made me feel like I was always walking on eggshells around them

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, when very old men flirt with me or are too near of me it make me uncomfortable.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you. you're only 21. How old is "very" old for you

• Show All
    • You're welcome :)

• I'm really oblivious when it comes to my surroundings. Men have never made me feel unsafe but uncomfortable for sure. I think I'm that gutsy girl you won't want to mess with. I'm can burn you just with a glare if I catch you being or doing something nasty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I've been emotionally abused by guys before and led on. I finally found a great guy that I can feel secure with. He told me him and I are alike personality wise. We can spend the whole night talking. He's my soulmate

0|0
    0|0
  • Just my ex husband. He was controlling and abusive and used to try to keep me from seeing my mother, grandparents and siblings who were not meddling or negative to him in any way, he just wanted me where he he could get his hands around my neck if, I ever protested or disagreed with him and his domineering belief system of what a wife is supposed to do for her husband. Ancient history but, women spouses can be like this too toward their husbands and transgender relationships also have domestic violence issues as well. So, I guess it can be an issue for everyone not just males.

0|1
    0|0
  • Unsafe. But that is because the way some of them appear & act. You know the creepy ones that look like total pyschos.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I have seen it happen to Ariana Grande at A. Franklin's tribute.

0|1
    0|0
  • yep-for sure

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, growing up, some of my mom's live in boyfriends.

0|1
    0|0
  • A lot of times

0|1
    0|0
  • Cheat, lies

0|1
    0|0
  • For me it's be used, abused, manipulated, unsafe, and overall uncomfortable/traumatized. My step dad for one likes to kiss my neck and whisper "mine," in my ear when hugging. It makes me physical sick. Told my mom and she finds it like a loving gesture.

Another thing is sometimes guys I've dated made me feel like I couldn't say no to them or be upset about things they did. They could be rude, never apologize, and make me cry and when I said I want to be alone it was always "We you don't have a choice. I'm not leaving you."

0|1
    0|0
    • It's all just... a but much.

• *bit

• yes used for sex unsafe when they get angry but maybe that's just because I consider myself very weak physically

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes