Guys, what's your opinion?

So I’ve been texting with this guy nearly for year and half, we live 700 miles apart. We have so many things in common from interests to aspirations and he’s just super nice and really cares about others. But that’s where our similarities end and where i get really insecure.
He is super social and had this really gorgeous looking girl before, and frankly i don’t understand what does he find so eye-catching about me!
NOW even tho it’s hard, i’m trying my best to be positive and stay with my feet on the ground. It was now or never so I went for a solo trip and i’m about to meet him in two days.
I never had a relationship before, I’m just super awkward around people but my biggest concern is that he doesn’t like my appearance. He says it’s not important. He likes me because he never got connected with someone like this. But it’s just too good to be true. I just don't believe people don't judge based on looks. I got hurt so many times because of my appearance that i can't stop being paranoid.
Time to time i was getting really mixed signals, he just used to disappear and do his things. Other times he got in topics like kids and names and stuff. What does that even mean, does guys start topics like this with anyone? I'm just really confused.

01