Depressed people aren't worth dating: true or false?

They're too much work and emotionally straining. It's like having a needy child who can't process their emotions well enough to properly function.
  • True.
  • False
Hi.

I tend to have e random bouts of emoness and post shit like this 'cause I hate myself.

I just might be depressed and haven't come to terms with it.

103

Most Helpful Girls

• I don’t thonk that is right to say. Everybody can be worth it, everybody deserves good. Depression is not a tag that makes you less worth.

But for the depressed I would ask uf it is the time to be dating like seriously looking for a partner. But perhaps, what do I know. :)

• That's a very harsh way of putting it. I have a lot of sympathy for people who are clinically depressed.

Like with most things, women will have a much easier time with this than men. Women will see a depressed man as a loser who can't get his shit together. Men will see a depressed woman as a princess in need of saving.

• I don't think anyone but men see a depressed man as a loser. I feel a lot of sympathy for fellow clinically depressed people

• I am just saying depression is hard and it can hit anybody. There is nothing wrong with that, and people who has been through it I often find them very empathic and strong. But while depressed, I am just saying if it isn’t better focusing on yourself instead of looking for a partner. Because many people today think a partner is gonna make them happy and is responsible for how they feel. No you have to make you happy. But if you know that feel free.

• I will never see anybody who is depressed as a looser. Quite the opposite.

Most Helpful Guy

• depression can effect anyone... but a person who has (like i have over the years) fought through depression can be some of the strongest people you'll ever meet, more understanding and can empathise with each aspect of those around them's lives be that good or bad or worse...

people should never write off someone who's depressed cos they have so much more to give and if we have a purpose we tend to put ALL in but are the first to get hurt