When me and my boyfriend were broken up I slept with someone else? I feel really scared and guilty?

He broke up with me and he was adamant that he wanted nothing to do with me and that we were never going to get back together we were split up for a few weeks at this point , I don’t even know why I did it, I guess I just felt lonely and wanted to do something that would make me forget him but it didnthe opposite and I made a mistake. I am now scared that he will find out somehow even though we were split up and I technically didn’t cheat or anything. How do I get rid of the anxiety of him finding out and my guilty conscience ☹️☹️ By the way a few weeks after he asked to get back together with me which was a total shock.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think he has a right to be upset with you about it since you were broken up and he's the one that broke up with you and made it clear that it was permanent (though of course it later turned out not to be).

At that point, I think you were free to do whatever you chose to do. Personally, I think it would have been better not to have sex with a guy that you really hadn't developed a relationship with especially if it was mainly because you wanted to forget your ex and not because you cared about the new guy, but I still don't think your boyfriend has any right to be mad at you for doing that while you were broken up.

Maybe he won't like it, but I think he has to accept it. If he doesn't and he gets mad at you about it, then I think you should seriously think about whether you want to be with a guy that will break up with you, make it clear he doesn't want to be with you, then just a few weeks later change his mind and then get upset with you for doing something with another guy during that time. To me, that means he's not really mature enough for a serious relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • I just feel really ashamed in myself

• Show All
    • Yeah, I don't really understand why you feel guilty either. There's no reason for you to feel like you had to be loyal to someone that said he didn't want you.

Maybe just because you're back together now you at some level feel like it's still the same relationship?

• Hmm yeah I think that’s what it is ☹️☹️xx

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him he had his chance with you the first time. If he can dump you once, he can do it again. Like you were, when you slept with this other guy, he is probably just feeling lonely himself, and thinks you will fall over backwards to have him back. Surprise him, and tell him to naff off!

Let the worries about this other guy fade into the past. You did nothing wrong, and do not have to answer to your ex!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Even if he finds about it, he has no say in this.

He broke up with you. That's the line.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you feel guilty, tell him. That shouldn't be a dealbreaker if you guys weren't together.

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL at all of the guys saying he has no say because they broke up. It was only a few weeks ffs. You mean to tell me she couldn't hold out for just a few weeks?

That will kill all attraction when he finds out.

0|0
    0|0
    • But he was telling me there is no way we would get back together?

• Yes but people say all sorts of crap in the heat of the moment.

• It wasn’t the heat of the moment , he literally had my number blocked and told me to leave him alone for weeks

• You should tell him what you did

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• You need to ask yourself and clear out the question of why you still feel guilty about it even though you guys broke up. Is he a scary person? Does he abuse you?

0|0
    0|0
  • well... you were single, so whether or not you slept with someone else isn't any of his business
    are you back together now?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah we got back together a week after that happened , he asked me to get back together with him which was a shock to me

• Show All
    • I just don’t want to loose him again , if I tell him he might break up with me or have a different opinion of me, if I tell him what do I achieve out of it , him being hurt and upset and he might get rid of me :/ I don’t want that

• and if he finds out later?

Recommended myTakes