Should I just end it?

My family despises my girlfriend. She isn't allowed around. We've had some really great memories together. But my family not accepting her is really hitting me hard. To me she seems like a great person but some things annoy me like her anxiety and depression. I try to support her but she doesn't let me in to do so when I try to help. I'm always the one saying I love you first but everything else in the relationship runs great. Then she says how she wants her family to meet me.
What really upsets me is that my family will never let her in and I guess that's what I want. Should I just break up and find what I want?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• why your family does not like her? reasons are important if you dont agree with them then dont break up.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you break up with her, you will spend the rest of your life wondering of you should still be with her instead of whoever else it is that you eventually might find, and you will resent your family for not accepting her.

0|0
    0|0
    • i am very displeased with them but what if they're right?

• Show All
    • I have a rule for determining how to handle such situations. If anyone tries to force me to choose between them and someone else, I will always choose the someone else. Has your girlfriend asked you to choose between her and your family?

Anybody who tries to force you into a such a choice does not have your best interests in their heart.

• my girlfriend has never made me choose. she is a very sweet girl that managed to make it through her shitty family. It turns out mine isn't so great either.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• im guessing you are not from the west or at least a western culture?

0|0
    0|0
    • not from a western culture

• Show All
    • she would never be invited to family gatherings even if married

• but here in my world i would take her anyway... like i say its difficult to apply my standards to your life. i left home at 16 and have been very independant since. family are not so important but i know you won't understand that

• Yes

0|0
    0|0
  • YES break up

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes