I'm in a love triangle for the first time in my life with a new guy and a guy that I think I'm in love with. Any advice would help. What to do?

So I have been seeing this guy off & on since November 2016. We've been friends since March 2016 and have a deep connection. I've liked him since around February 2017 and have been wanting more from him. He admitted to me that same month that he also likes me, but not ready for a relationship yet. So we've been basically friends with benefits for all this time. He broke things off with me September last year saying that he had a dream about his ex and that he doesn't feel the same "spark with me that he felt with her 4 years ago ". I spent 7 months miserable and trying to move onto someone else, but I just couldn't. In March of this year, we hung out again and he made a move on me. We ended up kissing and hooking up. Now it seems like everything is back to how it was, but we never talked about anything. I'm scared to bring things up or tell him what I want in fear that it will just ruin things. Now, a month ago I met a new guy who has been seriously pursuing me. I went on a first date with him and we clicked right away. We have a lot in common and I can see us being in a happy relationship, but the only thing that's holding me back is my strong feelings for my friend. It's also that familiarity that comes with it and that fear that if I let go, I will just be miserable about it again. This new guy knows about the situation & has been understanding. My friend has no idea yet because I haven't seen him in person since I met this new guy. I obviously know which guy is the better pick, but this is so hard for me. I need to talk to my friend, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I don't even want to let him go. He's also one of the closest people I have in my life. Has anyone been in this situation? Any advice would help.

12