What speaks louder? Words or actions?

When dating, what speaks louder?

Words that say “We’re just friends” or actions that say “I want to be more than friends”?

214

Most Helpful Guys

• Words speak lower but actions prove your words to be true if you need something to prove

Most Helpful Girl

• That is a GREAT question. I usually say actions always speak louder than words but this type of situation is totally different. We all know lots of people hook up with their so-called "friends" and have no desire to be more than friends. I would say that if you're hooking up with a friend, what you're really saying is not "I want to be more than friends". You're saying "I want to hook up and because we're already friends I assume you're not going to expect anything more than our current friendship status." Personally, I think that sucks because 75% of the time someone is going to end up feeling used and upset. But that's another topic.