Is it weird if I ask her to homecoming?

There is this girl that I really like (lets call her Ava), and I want to ask her to homecoming—which is in about two weeks. We hung out for the first time last night (in a larger group) and she seemed to be interested in me as a friend, possibly a little more (but not likely tbh.)

The problem though is that two of my friends (ones that were in that large group I was with) already asked Ava, and she said no to each of them. And she has known them for much longer than she has known me. Also, one of my OTHER friends is one of her best friends and they are super close. That’s how I met her-through him. I’m scared that he likes her and that Ava wants him to ask her. Should I ask her to homecoming? And if so, how?

by the way sorry for the confusing paragraphs 🙄
  • Yes
  • No

3