Boyfriend asked me to lie about my age and profession to his mom. She’s overly critical?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Do not lie.

TRUTH NOW = MAY RUIN YOUR RELATIONSHIP.
    LYING NOW = __WILL__ RUIN YOUR RELATIONSHIP.

The moment you get on the bad side of the mother-in-law, your relationship is over. You will get on her bad side once she finds out you lied... and SHE WILL find out you lied. At that point, she will do whatever is necessary to break up the relationship because, as a liar, you are no good for her, her child, or her family. You are no longer trustworthy and could go against the family and, as Michael Corleone said to Fredo:
    https://youtu.be/gpztPyZ5TH0

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds unreasonable. How are you gonna hide what your profession is? What is your profession anyways?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• That must mean he doesn't see a future with you in his life, sorry.

1|0
    0|0
    • I think you are jumping to conclusions. You don’t know the whole story. So please tell me how you got there

• Because I believe in 100% honesty. If I introduced my girlfriend to my mom I would expect her to be honest with my mom (who is also picky). But you boyfriend asked you to lie, which means he doesn't have plans to get married to you or be with you for a long relationship. His mom would eventually figure out your real age and profession and that is so much worse than just being honest and blunt now. So with all that as background it is clear he is just using you for a short term relationship and temporarily asking you to lie to his mom to get her off of his back.

• Thanks. I talked about this with him and he said he never asked me. But instead he stretched the truth about me to her. he's like “ I got caught up in it “ . He was drunk at the time too when he told me this too so I don't know

• don't lie -for anyone, at any time.
    when all else fails and you have nothing tangible remaining, one thing you WILL have is fidelity, integrity, and honor.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lemme guess, his mom is Indian?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes