Why do people automatically go out to eat on a first date?

It makes no sense to me.
Why spend ANY money on a first date?
Why have a ridiculous debate about who needs to pay 🙄 it’s absurd.
EAT BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME AND TAKE YOUR ASSES SOMEWHERE THAT DOESN’T REQUIRE A FEE!!!

Why do people automatically go out to eat on a first date?
Updates:
It’s not about being cheap.
IT’S JUST THE FIRST DATE.
Like damn, give it a little time before you start opening wallets for another person.

On the first date, it shouldn’t be that deep.

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'll take her to somewhere free if she wants to but if she wanted a serious relationship and she was my type, she will never have to pay for a date at a snack or restaurant or anywhere, if she opens her mouth that's she going to pay, i'll make her regret it, when a girl is with a real man, she ain't allowed to talk about money... such as paying...

The main reason that i'll pay is because she's going to be a housewife and must get used to it that she can depend on her man...

0|0
    0|0
  • not everyone does. it is an acceptable social custom in most societies, tho. what too many people tend to get wrapped up in is that it's not all about money. it involves conversation/communication skills, choices, respect, displays of manners, social graces, and expectations without getting into ones physical space. all this leads to rationale for/against a second date.
    bottom line: the basic concepts remain the same, despite the venue and amount of $. you can find out a LOT about someone while still maintaining distance.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont. I’d be to insecure to eat in fromt of him that soon. My ex and i went to the movies. Another guy and i went to a football tailgate. My current and i went to the theme park. Next i wanna go to the beach

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• To enjoy the atmosphere.

It's not a bad idea if you're doing a cheap date, or to go on a picnic.

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't Forget that the first date in particular has an enormous signaling function, and as @PM_ME_PUPPERS indicated, that isn't how you want to come across, especially as a guy.

• for me it depends, if i don't know the girl very well then it's either coffee, food, a stroll at the park, because we can just chill, and chat to ask about each other and to know each other better.

if i've been friends with the girl for a while, then i'll usually plan to do something based on her hobbies.

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be a sensitive decision to a few and a rude behavior to many.
    If the other person has some expectation and excitement about a date it could be that it would involve a good time at a cozy eatery as well. Dating is a matter of excitement, happiness so why not start with good food?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it eases the tension. Because it gives you a chance to slow down and talk and take breaks as you eat so that you do not have the pressure of trying to keep the other one entertained every second.

0|0
    0|0
  • To get a chance to talk and around the time the date starts it's probably time to eat

0|0
    0|0
  • I treat to a drink or coffee on a first date. Not a big deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well at least you are not a gold digger, it's a strong and independent question. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of women will think a man is cheap if he doesn't pay for the first date in some way. Dinner dates have been done for decades.

0|0
    0|0
  • Something you both need to do anyway and an opportunity to share.

0|0
    0|0
  • safer than bringing some stalker bitch home to mug you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lot of things we do just goes down to programming via media

0|0
    0|0
  • That's actually a very good question.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know. I've never been on a first date that cost money. 🤷🏼

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never had to debate anybody over who pays. I usually just split. Also, I just like eating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Money aside, it’s a good way to get to know someone. The whole experience, waiting to be seated, ordering, waiting for food, etc takes time, so you have plenty of opportunity to get to know each other. I like dinner dates. I’m up for those if a guy asks but I’m just as happy to do other things too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually like to go get a coffee on a first date. Cheap (so doesn't matter who pays) and doesn't take long, in case the date doesn't go well.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think because it's the easiest thing to think of haha. People are lazy and don't like putting thought into anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people don’t like being cheap...

1|1
    0|0
  • Because they are hangry

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes