Why do people automatically go out to eat on a first date?

It makes no sense to me.
Why spend ANY money on a first date?
Why have a ridiculous debate about who needs to pay 🙄 it’s absurd.
EAT BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME AND TAKE YOUR ASSES SOMEWHERE THAT DOESN’T REQUIRE A FEE!!!

It’s not about being cheap.
IT’S JUST THE FIRST DATE.
Like damn, give it a little time before you start opening wallets for another person.

On the first date, it shouldn’t be that deep.

814

Most Helpful Guys

• I'll take her to somewhere free if she wants to but if she wanted a serious relationship and she was my type, she will never have to pay for a date at a snack or restaurant or anywhere, if she opens her mouth that's she going to pay, i'll make her regret it, when a girl is with a real man, she ain't allowed to talk about money... such as paying...

The main reason that i'll pay is because she's going to be a housewife and must get used to it that she can depend on her man...

• not everyone does. it is an acceptable social custom in most societies, tho. what too many people tend to get wrapped up in is that it's not all about money. it involves conversation/communication skills, choices, respect, displays of manners, social graces, and expectations without getting into ones physical space. all this leads to rationale for/against a second date.
    bottom line: the basic concepts remain the same, despite the venue and amount of $. you can find out a LOT about someone while still maintaining distance.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont. I’d be to insecure to eat in fromt of him that soon. My ex and i went to the movies. Another guy and i went to a football tailgate. My current and i went to the theme park. Next i wanna go to the beach