How can I tell if this guy is a “player”? If he is, how do I take steps to not be played?

What is the best way for a man to receive the message of “I’m not ready to have a physical relationship with you. Can we take this slowly and get to know each other better, before we know what the other likes in bed?”

We met a few weeks ago, and have gone on two dates. Both dates were nice (first for drinks, second for dinner), he walked me to my car each time. Though he started using pet-names with me pretty early on in our conversations before we went out.

I enjoy his company and I’m enjoying getting to know him better. Though he has made suttle remarks about intimacy and how he likes to be intimate. I don’t follow the “third date rule” (I’m not ready for a physical relationship yet).

01