Do guys like aggressive/dominant women?

I found that a lot of the people i really like (As friends or more) are people less dominant/aggressive than i am. I enjoy being the one in control & to chase but i also like it when the person im with has boundaries/limits me to a certain extent.. if that makes sense. an example: i was on a date with a nice m8 who doesn't care for anything at all- i decide where we eat, what we watch, etc. but for some reason, he was really stubborn and wanted to eat at a particular place. I immediately was like oooo okay and we did as he wanted. I am thinking its more of a childish thing i have going on or maybe im traumatized haha.

anyway, if the other person is more dominant than I am, i back off and if its romantically/sexually I kinda run away lol. I feel like this has caused me to miss out on a lot of dating/relationships since a lot of guys aren't submissive at all and i can't seem to handle that.

i feel like i should elaborate but ill stop here before it becomes too long hah

520

Most Helpful Guys

• I think that some balance is important, so I'd recommend learning to curb yourself and listen to the desires of your partner.
    That said, a lot of guys are into dominant women, and it can absolutely be a turn on. Just remember that being dominant and being domineering are two different things. A controlling person is toxic, but a dominant person is sexy.

• some people are driven to control. there are some who "need" that type of person in their relationship in order for them to function. we once had a neighbor that - for whatever reason - couldn't make up his mind or bring himself to take action. the dominant gal was his savior. i considered her pushy and controlling, but that's what he needed - not me.
    i've always been partial to those who know what they want and go for it w/o being over the top.

Most Helpful Girl