Why are men so pushy in dating?

Just wondering why guys r so pushy when it comes to dating? When u send every chick a message hoping for a response but dont get one. Why does it mean u have to be pushy or get nasty about? Or response time isn't as soon as they want.
Whats with needing to take a selfies every day for validation for them to know what your doing all the time? Why so needy?
Im finding dating really over bearing. People want instant response n instant dates. Do people not realise work kids life commitments come into play n they u dont have 24/7 to respond to msgs.
Updates:
Alway have information up explaining but a lot have even said that they haven't even read it at all.
Other thing is dick pictures really not a way to go about getting to know someone n asking for private pictures in return

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I believe part of the issue is that, a lot guys who are like that is because they don't have kids. All they do is work and go home.
    Say this because I am a guy that is like that, but I also see it this way if I'm interested in a woman regardless of what I may or may not have planned I'll still make time to see/ talk to her and if she sends me a message the minute I have a chance to respond I will.
    For example, everything I talk to people on is connected to my phone, so therefore if I get a message in POF i'll respond ASAP. If I'm at work I'll respond when I go on break, if I'm spending time with my niece and nephew I'll take a second to stop playing with them to check my phone if I see a message I respond, than go back to spending time with my niece and nephew. it's really not asking for that much.

0|0
    0|0
  • It very much depends on the person. You are more likely to encounter people sending out lots of messages for obvious reasons, as for pushy people, they probably move on quickly if they don't get what they want, and thus go through a lot of people too. People who are patient and only talk to a few people maximum at once tend to contact (and need to contact) much fewer people, and so you see less of them as a proportion. Most sensible people realise that others have commitments, and thus have reasonable boundaries on reply times.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Short answer is that there is a lot of competition and people are usually pretty impatient.

0|0
    0|0
  • On the messaging part I've always wondered how many guys would have the guts to say what they do face to face rather than hiding behind a computer with thier keyboard courage. I can relate to their anger i don't message every woman i find attractive. I read their profiles and if we have a lot in common i feel a connection to them and even then i still don't message i might wait a few days. then i finally craft a well thought out message ( you only get one chance to make a first impression). And send it literally 99 times out of a 100 you don't even get a response. it's deflating, However this is where i feel i differ. I have a mom and sisters i wouldn't want any guy talking to them the way some men do so even though i'm angered i just try to tell myself it's not me it's them. I think a lot of guys pride get wounded and it's normal for a guy to deal with those emotions with rage. they just need to learn to re-direct it. But to be totally fair women re-peat ad naseum that they want confident men. Confidence can be construed as not taking no for an answer. While that's not truly confidence women need to take responsibility for creating that monster.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because we have to be or nothing will ever happen? We HAVE to push things along, or the female will get disinterested or have no interest in the first place.

What you bought up is true though, but do you have that personal information in your bio so they can figure out themselves why you're not replying?

0|1
    0|0
  • The more messages, the more replies, this should be obvious. Since many other men are sending messages en masse, women tend not to reply to all messages. So, if I don't send many messages, chances of a reply go down drastically. Also, depending on the other person, being a little bit pushy definitely pays off.
    Just remember that it's a competition after all, and different guys are trying different methods.

0|0
    0|0
  • More and more men are just turning their backs on women. You are obviously to busy with life to date and to bring someone else into your ciaos You have a lame reason to blame the men and it is just so damn obvious that you are projecting your frustrations onto those men. Sounds like a you problem then a them problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • In an other question it was stated, that single men above age 40 are weirdos you should stay away from...

I am 37 right now and you ask, why I am getting impatient in finding a partner? 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • This isn't a gender issue, at all.
    Lots of needy women out there are just the same way. I think that a big part of it is the instant gratification culture that we've created with everything, especially technology. Another big part of it is the distance that same technology actually creates between us. Too few people are experiencing anything even remotely resembling intimacy, and the effects present as a sense of desperation and entitlement. Everyone seems to think that people they barely know or have never even met owes them something. It's bizarre and scary, really.

1|0
    0|0
  • Women control and should only respond to men they choose. Better yet make men pay for sites and ladies free and women can select you to message them.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're focusing on bad ones. I've only taken my own pic for profiles.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's fine, if you're too busy they'll just find someone else, ignore them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will admit I've been pushy before. It's just out frustration, dating sucks as a guy, and some times we loss it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes