Is it acceptable for your SO to call another person "babe" or "hun" in texts?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Absolutely not, unless the person is a family member, relative, or childhood old friend whom he does not have feelings for other than brother and sister type of relationship, but that's for "hun." I don't know and can't think of whom can be called "babe" besides significant other, or a partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not unless its a sister or a best friend they've known for more than 20 years or somebody extremely unattractive and poor.

1|0
    1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• If it's a regular part of her vernacular, I'm not worried about it. But if she uses it sparingly and with men in particular, and with those whom she speaks to regularly or flirtatiously, I'll probably get jealous and bring it up.

0|0
    0|0
  • with babe, no. but with hun, you can get away with it because there are a lot of women who calls both men and women "hun" even if they're strangers.

2|0
    0|0
    • I totally agree that "babe" is a no for me, and "hun" is okay, but depending who the person is.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 36

• Depends on the context for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • It seems to be too personal a greeting for someone they are not supposed to be attached to emotionally. It would be like me calling a guy hot stud when I text someone if I were in a relationship.

2|0
    0|0
  • Only if he confuses the chats. Happened to my boyfriend once, he wrote "good morning, honey!" to my married bestfriend xD since then our half friendgroup are making fun of them both to be secretly together.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was fine with it before but a lot of my guy friends use the word ‘hun’ or ‘babe’ and it feels overused for me now. Feeling that way about a friend, I don’t think I would like it in a relationship. More because it’s annoying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the context. I use it sometimes with my friends and the intention is usually of jest sometimes it's for mocking the other party.

But if they're flirting, absolutely not.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was dating a guy who called every girl "babe" and guess what this word really lost its charm for me. After knowing this I kind of lost interest in him and treated him just another horny guy on street.

1|1
    0|0
    • Well if one calls everyone something then ofc its not going to charm the one's date, and especially not SO

• I think saying hun is fine, but babe for me is someone your interesting in being more than just a friend with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally agree with this... content is important and also the relationship they have with that person.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Unless she wants you calling other women baby girl. And them calling you daddy. It's wrong

0|0
    0|1
  • Context is key in that one. Using it sarcastically wouldn't be a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I would go off on him if he ever did that to me😇

0|1
    0|0
  • kind of tricky to answer seeing as it depends if those words hold value to the person who is using them.

0|0
    0|0
  • If that's something you normally call someone/people and you've talked about it with your SO, yes

0|0
    0|0
  • no it is not unless it's a girl and it's the same sex

0|0
    0|0
  • No. im his girl so he needs to undetand he is all mine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on who that person is and the kind of relationship they have.

0|0
    0|0
  • I call other dudes babe cz i dont like my boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • HELLNO that means he is cheating

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I wouldn’t like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah.

0|0
    0|1
  • No..

0|0
    0|1
  • Hmm, depends who they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|1
  • No it’s not okay

1|0
    0|0
  • Tbh no

0|0
    0|1
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • oh hell naaahh

1|0
    0|0
  • No it isn't

0|0
    0|0
  • hellno

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 22

• If they have done that from the first time you met it is probably thier way of talking. The English and Australians call people love. It dont necessarily mean anything. But if they just started doing it that would raise some flags to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always found babe and hun to be more condescending than it is endearing. I think the context would matter for if it were ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my Irish dialect, we call everyone "me dear" and "ducky". But I'd only use "babe" for a significant other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I ocassionally call female friends sweetie/sweetheart in a sarcastic tone without any other intentions. It just depends. They probably find it weird and just haven't told me😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on circumstances. If the other person is a long term friend then yes its fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • If only when it's our doughter she's calling to😍😘

2|0
    0|0
  • No babe n Hun is not good.. sometimes it's meaningless but they usually have a grey area

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's friendly and her style to talk. Some people use tuose words all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Acceptable to me but some people just are different

0|0
    0|0
  • Isn't that how it's supposed to be?

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d never be ok with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah of course in context

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • NEVER !

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care at all...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is. I wouldn’t mind at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • no..

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats so wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on their dialect and habits, yes it can be. I for example am from Kentucky and call everyone hun all the time because that's what my family and the people around me would do when I was growing up. I see it as a term of endearment and respect, not necessarily affection. Though, it can double as both.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes