How does Tinder work?

After messing with these apps for some time. I’ve come to some conclusions. And I’d like to know if you agree or disagree.

Sorry to use a rating system here but it suits my needs..

Let’s say you’re a male and a 7 by most standards. I figure the average girl you will match with on tinder is a 5. Now let’s say you’re a female 7. I figure the average male you can match with on tinder is an 8-9.

Now, this is actually the complete opposite of what happens in the real world. Men can usually date above their attractiveness, and women below.

So why is it like this? I have a couple of theories.

1. Men swipe right on nearly everything.
This essentially makes it that women are being swarmed by a barrage of decent or good looking men. An experience almost none of them have had irl

2. Men use a lot of fake photos, at least a lot more than women do
This leads women to believing they can match with male models. Why would make models be on tinder? Seriously, switch your settings to a woman interested in men and you’ll see what I mean.

What are your thoughts?

30