If you date interracially, what's the toughest challenge you've faced from strangers? How do you overcome them?

A few days ago, I started dating a white girl. We went on our first date to a fancy Greek restaurant. Of course a lot of people were staring and giving funny looks because it's a black guy with a white girl, but I'm shocked that didn't bother me. What actually bothered me was how people would only speak to her and not to me, like I didn't exist. The host, the waiter, and even when we left to go to an arcade, the worker there only acknowledged her.

I was only acknowledged at the restaurant when I went up to the cash register to pay for the bill. I don't know why people are so prejudiced. I really like this girl and want to keep going out with her. We had a great time in spite of the difference in treatment. I wish I could just "get over it" and "brush it off", but it hasn't been that easy. I guess I should try to be more dominant when speaking to people, but then I don't want them to think I'm "too aggressive". Any tips?

02

Most Helpful Guy