What should I do if I like a boy but he is gay?

He is cool. We’re best friends and I’ve developed feelings for him recently but I can’t brush them off so how should I tell him or what should I do about it!!!
Updates:
I let him know and we’re still close he said he is indeed bi and he want to give it a try !!!
I didn’t mean to put just gay , I meant bi so my bad people

2|3

Most Helpful Guys

• The one and only option here is to not tell him, move on, and either remain as friends or distance yourself. He is homosexual so telling him will only damage what you already have. If you respect him and love him as a friend, you need to not overstep your boundaries.

1|0
    0|0
    • You're lucky that he still wants to remain friends and that he is bisexual. Best wishes.

• What outcome are you expecting out of relationship with him?

He wonts husband, unless you up to sex change you stand no change.

Unless he is pretending that he is gay to get you away, but even then you not welcomed there...

Only woman change their opinion about person with time in this situation and he is not one.

0|0
    0|0
    • When man say he is BI, it usually means he is gay, but sometimes likes to visit girls.

Most Helpful Girls

• Give what a try? Sex? Don't do it, that may pressure him (internally)
    and don't tell him anything beyond the boundary of friendship... A crush is no real reason to pursue anyone. Respect his sexuality. Be his friend...
    You can love him as a friend but your not a boy. Think about the other person he likes as well... if he can't trust you with the guy he likes then you could very well loose a valuable platonic friendship.
    I'd he came out to you its a whole mother social dynamic he is going to need a friend like you for. He maybe in a space of dealing with how others including his family could act... good and or bad and... at the same time he will like other people just like you do. Testing to see if you like a girl, is experimental and you could end up hurt or loosing a dear friend when he likes boys. Love him as is, a friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a crush on my best friend for the first year or so we were friends. It was eating me up inside because the one person I wanted to tell about my crush I couldn’t. I ended up straight up telling him about it because shoot your shot, right? Anyways, he friendzoned me fairly quickly saying he wouldn’t want to ruin the friendship - which I understood. A couple years later he came out to me as gay and now five years later and we’re still good friends! Honestly, I’d say to just go for it and tell him, see what happens.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 86

• Good Thing you talked to him then. Just Shows the value of good communication.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im kinda in the opposite boat right now, because I'm taking a break from girls. I can't seem to find any bi or gay guys hahaha. Honestly, I find that gay guys will typically try to be friends no matter the situation. You should tell him honestly how you feel.

While he might not say that he will date you, I'm sure that not only will the sentiment be appreciated but your bond will become stronger.

This isn't always the case, just what I've experienced, but honestly is always a good policy.

0|1
    0|0
  • i don't think you're feelings for him are what you think they are. he makes you laugh, he's non-threatening and safe, protective and doesn't look at any other girl the same way as you. you love him as a friend. step away from your sexual feelings and realize he'll still be there for you when you meet the next wrong guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Flip it around, you are a straight girl - Say another girl came up to you and said I have a huge crush on you - What do you do but say "I'm sorry I don't and never will feel the same way about you"

1|2
    0|0
  • Tell him that you've fallen for him, and then move on. You might need to distance yourself from him, and explaining that you developed feelings for him would make the separation easier for him. He's not gonna be able to make things work, even if he did try to love you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find another boy, as you aren't getting anywhere with a gay guy. You can have him as a friend, but don't waster your time trying to get something romantic going with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you should accept reality. Seems like the only answer here.

Or you could offer your services as a beard, I believe some hopelessly enamored people do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should move on and forget about him.
    He is queer, which means that he has no sexual interest in you.

1|0
    0|0
  • People want what they can't have.. if u tell him u will most likely lose him cus he won't be able too act himself cus he dosent want to mislead u.. find a new crush..

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you need a private moment and tell him how these feelings have come. But make it clear you don't ever want to push him in any way and that you will always want to have what you have now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try your chance if you never talked about bisexuality. If he is into it, you may develop things in time.

If not, just move on..

0|0
    0|0
  • well tell him some guys who turn gay usually are just bi but are more into guys who knows he might say love u back or how ever u planing to to till him

0|0
    0|1
  • Find a real man. You don't want your dreams crushed one day you come home and dude has a guy on top of him. Lol could you live with that?

1|0
    0|0
  • Omg that's just crazy only thing u could do is umm use that 👅 to show him girls do it better woot woot!! Thank u thank u ur very welcome

1|0
    1|0
  • If he is gay... no, dont tell him. It will only damage your friendship. He cannot change who he is, and you shouldn't try to make him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Realise that he is gay. he's not going to change that its who he is. Respect that fact.

0|0
    0|0
  • Big dudes go by gay to get closer to women. It's a super common play because girls find it sexy if they can turn a gay guy straight.

0|0
    0|0
    • Meant to say bi. And nobody knows what they are at 16. It's just easier to get clout by calling yourself gay in these days. Odd reversal tbh.

• ... I don't know if that will help for young women but I'd masturbate to my crushes. You can try the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can tell him, but expect nothing from it. Gay people stay gay.

0|2
    0|0
  • He's confused. Show him what a woman is all about and how much more fun they are than another boy.

1|0
    2|0
  • move on. there's loads of other guys in this world and there's no point in trying to get with a gay person.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should recognize the fact that there's three billion Boys on this planet and you can find another one that isn't gay

0|0
    0|0
  • What to do? Move on. Can't change other people. And it's rude to try.

0|0
    0|0
  • If his us bisexual then what is the problem I dated a bisexual girl and it was never a problem go for it I say

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like it all worked out for you. I hope that you and him will be happy for a long time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get over it. He's gay.
    You can foster a meaningful friendship, but that's all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh you're best off just forgetting about him. It would be the same as if I like a girl that was lesbian

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh lol

Uh

Move on, you can't change someone's sexuality

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 44

• I mean, telling him won't bear fruit, so...

1|0
    0|0
  • If you can't brush it off and need to tell him, just be prepared that your friendship may change because he may feel he needs to distance himself from you in order to protect you and not hurt you even more. I am so sorry! Unrequited love sucks but I hope that you can continue your friendship because it will be better to have him as a friend than nothing at all. Good luck. Xx

0|1
    0|0
  • I encountered something similar, he only wanted a friend and I did too until he kissed me and groped my breasts. I thought maybe he's bi, and wants to try it out with me and the signs pointed that way. Turns out he was just fucking around with me just to get me in trouble.

1|0
    0|0
    • Sadly, I fell for him and actually had feelings for him. It made me so sick to the point where I was being an asshole back to him. He still won't admit it to me, so we never went back to being friends like we used to be. He was only friends with me under false pretenses and I forgave him for that too.

• Welcome to Gag Town and Best of Luck.
    I have been Where you are Here, dear, And let me tell you Something... Even though Anthony were Close to being "Lovers," Even an item, His thoughts were On Guys and Gays only.
    We had a Beautiful relationship, He ended up Cheating on me. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Be gentle, open and honest. Sometimes space and distance can cure a crush, and if that’s your route he needs to know. He also will be understanding and may have ideas or solutions too that can ease your crush

1|0
    0|0
  • It ain’t happening boo and if he does have a relationship with you he’ll probably cheat with his gay boo. I’m pretty sure he has his mind made up so don’t think about turning him out. Side note, focus on school and you’re future.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't tell him. If he is gay you won't have any chance with him. Telling him will only make it weird

0|0
    0|0
  • Just forget about it... I don't think it's worth telling him since you won't be able to take the relationship any further with him... it could ruin your relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well he’s gay. That’s probably not going to change. You’re going to have to love him strictly as a friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he’s bi, go after him girlie! If he’s gay, go shopping with him.

2|1
    0|0
  • So it doesn’t bother you that he has sucked dick? That is disgusting

0|1
    0|0
  • That's so simple, like someone else that's not gay!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean you can tell him, but do not expect anything or push for anything from him.

He is gay but depending on how mature or open minded he is, should determine if you should say something to him.

Respect his sexuality and choice. You didn't choose to fall in love but he didn't choose his sexuality.

I would not say anything, I would talk to a trusted friend for support but not him. Go meet other people and guys, but still remain his friend.

If it becomes overbearing to be around him being gay and you will never be anything more, take some distance and explain to him why

0|0
    0|0
  • You could at least be his best friend and have super girly talk with him, I've had gay guy friends in the past during late high school and that's what we would do, the 2 guys I knew who were gay would always hang around with us at the mall and stuff. Sometimes we would invite them to come to our place and have them do our hair and makeup. Lots of fun, just try to see what he likes and try to make him comfortable with you.

As far as an actual relationship as in make him your boyfriend is concerned though... I wouldn't bother..

0|0
    0|0
  • You can tell him but he's still going to broke back mountain

0|0
    0|0
  • Try your best to move on and put him out of your mind

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on unless find out if he’s bisexual I guess which I doubt... you can’t change that

0|0
    0|0
  • tell him the truth but dont expect anything to happen. People should be honest with each other

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think there is anything u can do. Only be friends I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • You turn that boy straight ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • jus keep on being friends andd respect who he is

1|0
    0|0
  • Get over him
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

2|0
    0|0
  • forget about it, lmfao.
    simple as that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seriously ugh
    Move the fuck on

0|0
    0|0
  • Put a Strap on.

0|3
    0|0
  • OHHH YOU GO GIRL

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow that sucks lol... move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask him if he'd want to go on a date with you.

0|1
    0|1
  • You can't do anything move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Well... nothing. He's gay and you're a girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes