If a guy chooses his side chick or second girlfriend over you, does that necessarily means she’s better than you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• What it means us the guy finds something more to his liking about the other woman. It is never about 'better' and always a case of more compatible or fit with him and his lifestyle and / or current needs.

A further point is when it moves beyond casual dating, both partners should agree on exclusivity. A guy should never have 2 girlfriends or a side chick. In my mind having 2 girlfriends is cheating and having a side chick means you're hiding one and dating another, which is even worse. In the case a guy has 2 girlfriends and he leaves one to be with the other - don't take it personally - he's not a good guy and you're better off without him in your life.

1|0
    0|0
    • But when you say compatible do you mean being compatible as far as morals, values, sex etc and not physical things like liking having the same sense of fashion and similar habits like smoking weed or drinking?

• Like can a guy whose morals are similar to a certain girls morals but she doesn’t smoke or drink but he does, would that mean they’re not compatible?

• Compatible can mean some or all of the things you listed and even more as your list isn't exhaustive. It is a completely subjective decision based on a multitude of things. It is preferential and if guy chooses Girl 1 over Girl 2 it does not mean Girl 1 was better. The same goes for women when they select a dude; you have many dudes from which to choose and selecting one over another is a matter of preference.

• No. It more likely means she's more laid back and willing to put up with his crap, so he figures she'll get hurt less and not care as much if he doesn't treat her right, prioritize her, etc. I. e., he's going for the girl who'll give him the least resistance and trouble.

0|0
    0|0
    • i Guess. But some guys are rude about choosing the other girl. My friends ex told her he was done with her and to never call or text him again and to stop texting his girl after she had messaged the second girlfriend or whatever she was for the truth after seeing a picture. What made it worse was she had lost her virginity to him and everything and he left her and was so mean about it. I didn’t know guys went about it in that manner.

• Yeah, that sucks. My guess is he was raised bad, had a poor father figure, a distant mother. Any number of possibilities.

• Yea. His father was in his life but not his mother. He was raised by his step mom, the women his dad Married and even then I remember my friend telling me about how he would sometimes call his step mom out of her name under his breath when she said or did something or told him to do something he didn’t like. And he’s 23. Not as mature as he probably should be especially considering he chose a 18 year old over my friend.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• It could, or that he is really angry with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a guy has a side chick he's not interested in a relationship, he just wants sex without the hassle of haveing to deal with everything else. Which in my opinion isn't realiatic and shouldn't be accepted.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree. Even the suppose “Main Chick” I don’t think it matters to him what title you have as long as your a female with a working a vagina he sees them both as the same even if he does chooses one over the other because his decision was probably based off sex as well. A title only to get what he wants but no real love or commitment.

• Like I have a friend who is dating this guy. They argue a lot and on top of that he deals with other girls one of those girls being an ex he stills texts and still desires to have sex with. She saw those messages and still stayed, but the other day he told her something she wanted to hear something all girls will fall for and that was that he was gonna get his and her initials tattooed on him. He texted her this only after they had a argument. Even if he does get the tattoo it won’t mean much to him. He also texted her and said he loves her and that he doesn’t care about how much they argue he wants her in his life regardless. She fell for all of that so hard that she screenshot those messages and put it on her Facebook story and said matching tattoos were coming soon. She doesn’t listen to me at all lol. I guess she’ll learn.

• Ya that sounds complicated. I think the best thing you can do for your friend is just be there if things dont go as she hopes.
      I've have a friend who was in a similar situation, so I know how it feels to just sit on the sideline and wait it out.

• Nah, it just means that she had filled some need that you weren't. It is not a matter or better or worse.

0|0
    0|0
    • It’s not me I was just wondering lol. So by filling a need that the other girl wasn’t could it be like the other woman is better in bed or better at giving oral sex or something like that?

• Show All
    • I don't understand how someone could know so little about sex that she doesn't realize that you need to show your partner that you're enjoying it. I guess life goes on

• Or maybe it just wasn’t as good as he thought it was for her to moan. Maybe he just didn’t make her feel comfortable enough to moan it’s her fault but his as well. You have to all work her feel comfortable during sex and some women even if his penis isn’t really big or the biggest they’ll tell him it is and if the sex is it bad they’ll fake moan but what’s the point of stroking his ego. If it’s not good or his penis isn’t big why lie or pretend because you’ll Never be truly satisfied by his sex.

• Anyone who is content to be a side chick or a second girlfriend is trash in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL This sounds like a Jerry Springer question... It just means he is trash all around.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely yes, why would we other wise make you second choice?

0|0
    0|0
  • No it doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|1
  • That means you have appalling taste in men

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes