What are some reasons why guys usually pick the other woman? Is it the sex, conversation etc?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• My guess is that it's usually because there's something significant missing in the relationship with his partner. He's not getting what he needs from her - perhaps sexually but more likely emotionally. I think guys are probably more likely to go with another woman if the current one is making him feel badly and the other woman makes him feel good.

If the relationship was decent to begin with and not just based on sex, then I think most guys would stay faithful even if they're not getting as much sex as they want (as long as they're getting a somewhat reasonable amount) as long as the emotional connection is still good and he enjoys being with his partner.

On the other hand, if she's yelling at him frequently or doing other things that make him feel badly, he might be more likely to seek out another woman even if he's reasonably happy with the sex with his current partner.

In other words, I don't think sex is usually the primary reason. I think it's more often emotional rather than physical.

• My best friend’s ex left her for a girl who is excactly like you described lol. But he left only after she found out he was messing around with another girl. She knew he was up to something because he was taking his phone with him whenever he left the room. Other that they were normal, still laughing and flirting. Little arguments but never any name calling or taking it to social meda. Almost a year later and he still texts my friend. Flirting, random conversation just to have a reason to talk to her. Attempted to have sex with her again even while still being with the girl he left her for. And they are more toxic than them.

• From what you've described, it sounds like maybe that guy has trouble committing to a single partner so he might cheat even if things are good in his primary relationship.