Do you believe in love at first sight?

I met this guy and I don't want to give to many details.
I'm not sure he's comfortable with it.
I am falling for this guy hard we just met but I really like him.
I know I'm young but age is just a number.
We have soo much in common.
I just really see my future with him in it now.
I'm head over heels!
Please don't burst my bubble someone!
I don't want to hear the you're just a kid talk pleasee.
I'm pretty sure I'll get that enough from my parents.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Maybe
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• If u really love this guy , just go for it ,. love at first sight happened to me once..

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 42

• No, only lust at first sight, but that might later be converted to love when you get to know each other.

1|1
    0|0
  • I believe it is possible and I have experienced it only once. Compatability and chemistry, however, cannot be allowed to override viability. It is okay to explore the possibility of a relationship happening but only under the visor of what can work realistically.

1|0
    2|0
  • "Would you believe in a love at first sight?
    Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time
    Oh I get by with a little help from my friends
    high with a little help from my friends
    Yes, I get by with a little help from my friends

-The Beatles, I might've fucked those lyrics up so don't quote me damnit, I'm paraphrasing this shit.

0|1
    0|0
  • I call that feeling "honeymoon goggles". It's a new relationship, it's fun, it's exciting, it feels really good, and you are happy.
    Give it some time and you'll start to see the negatives about people. "He doesn't squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom." "She put an empty milk container back in the fridge." You'll learn what you can live with, and what's a dealbreaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a believer because I experienced love at first sight. What I will say, and not to be a downer, but you might feel love but the other person may not. The girl I loved at first sight did not end up loving me and I only discovered that after great cost to me personally.

So, yes I believe and am happy you've found it but don't be so overtaken that you lose perspective.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all just in your head. Many don't learn it or realize it until they learn and realize it the hard way. Either take your chances and gamble with your emotions or go by logic, statistics, and what is verified and confirmed.

It's an infatuation more than anything else. Happens all the time. It ain't new, special or unique.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love at first sight is the same as lust in my book. You're attracted to the physical that you saw and the possibility that comes afterwards but it isn't love. Not trying to be a dick, but love at first sight just doesn't exist. It has to start somewhere and grow

1|0
    0|1
  • I think everyone has their own definition of love. So, yes I do believe in love at first sight.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Love at first sight is just a myth. It is just your mind playing tricks on you and by the way, love doesn't exist in most relationships either. People just say that because it makes them feel good.

0|0
    2|1
  • Why not? Falling in love is indepedent from time factor. It has to do with hormones in your brain. So, in a nutshell, you can fell on love st the first night. It is all these "strange" feelings in your body, the "necessity" to talk/ see the sbj of your interest again and again etc

0|0
    0|0
  • For some.
    Depends on how guarded, how much they need to get triggered, if the person needs to go over the whole thing before letting feelings start or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did but with how much i have been messed about I am beginning to think less of the possibility of it...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i do believe in love at first site , i believe love
    can happen when we least expect it to happen.

1|1
    0|1
  • what i do know is that - within the first few hours - i had a pretty good idea of how i wanted a relationship to turn out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought your name was saosin and I was about to get hella excited

1|0
    0|0
  • No, But it could be the beginning of something beautiful. Odds aren't in your favor though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Love at first sight, no.
    Lust/infatuation at first sight, yes

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe you know potential love at first sight but whether that develops into true love is a different matter

0|0
    0|0
  • True love is real cause it happened to me. So it can happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lust yes but not love. Most today especially women have no clue what love is.

0|0
    2|0
  • It's all a fantasy in your own mind. Step back, take a deep breath, and DATE. Your job in dating is to DISCERN. To make a determination as to whether he's worthy, is worth your investment in time and emotion. Most simply will not be.

You can't know how it will turn out 'till you actually get to know. This 'love at first sight' BS is just that, an emotion.

The term 'love at first sight' is about attraction, desire, and infatuation. It's takes much time and involvement to develop true love. So slow down and take your time. In time you'll have much greater objectivity, and it will really be true or not what you first though. Don't be in a hurry.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm the guy from the favorite body part on a girl question, where we talked about cyberbullying. I left it on anon because it was a rather pervy question, but that's me.

Either ways, no, I don't believe in love at first sight. At first sight, you know very little to nothing about the person except for how they look and dress. You can't feel real love for someone you know nothing about. At that point, it's just a slight crush, with an element of lust.

But either ways, about your guy in specific, just do whatever feels right to YOU. Use common sense as well, but no one knows what's best to do other than you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Awwee thanks! Omg thats who you are! I've seen you somewhere else before I can't remember where...
      Mysterious

• Show All
    • Definitely the books, by far, lol.

The movies are pretty great too, don't get me wrong, but the books are the true classics, and I felt much more connection to the books than the movies.

• Same here!! ^_^

• I think something rather than love forms in a girl's mind when they look at me so...

0|0
    0|1
  • Thats rubbish. Thats more called a crush, you are stunned by the beauy of her face or body.

0|0
    0|0
  • no thats called lust and its fleeting. you can't be in love with someone you dont really know

0|0
    0|0
  • I never used to, but it happened to me a few years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • Quite infatuated you are...

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe in infatuation at first sight

1|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't exist.
    It's "wannafuck" at first sight.

0|2
    0|0
    • That being said, wannafuck at first sight isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it is not the basis for a relationship. "Love" is a word to describe multiple types of neurochemical profiles. "Love at first sight" is primarily endorphin (opioid-receptor) based. Your genitalia are giving you a jolt of heroin (actually an endogenous equivalent). It's a LOT of fun! I mean, it's a better high than actual opiates (I've had dental work), but only so long as it's sustained. IT WILL FAIL! It WILL END. That is how it's supposed to work. "Love at first sight", biologically is solely to get your attention.

Conjugal love--the stuff that keeps a couple together until they become two adorable little mantelpiece figurines--depends on oxytocin. Oxytocin production is a much slower process, but it can last for decades, if you maintain it. It relies upon a lot of work.

• Nope. In fact, I know it to be entirely fantasy.

0|1
    0|1
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 24

• No. I don't believe you can fall in love with someone you don't know. Infatuation is what one feels first meeting someone, if anything.

2|0
    0|1
  • Not at all, i believe in being drawn to a person or feeling some sort of energy but not love, love is something you feel once you've got to know the real them.

1|0
    0|1
  • No, I believe in chemistry at first sight (as in biological compatibility that can be subconsciously experienced via your senses). I do believe however, that if there is such chemistry its easier for mutual feelings to develop over time.

1|0
    1|0
  • Would you believe in a love at first sight?)
    Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time
    (What do you see when you turn out the light?)
    I can't tell you, but I know it's mine
    But I got completely trust her to be in love.

1|1
    0|0
  • Love at first sight doesn't exist, more like infatuation. Do you know that a lot of serial killers were likeable people too. That is how they gained their victim's trust. You know nothing about this guy so how can you be in love? Take things really slow. I was in love and even engaged to someone I loved and thought I knew. One day he cleaned out our joint bank account and was gone. I got scammed out of $25,000. All of my savings that I had for a down payment on a house. And I knew this person for a couple months. So tread lightly and get to know a person. You may find out he is a great guy, or that he is a POS.

2|0
    0|1
  • No, I do believe in attraction/lust at first sight though. Learn to know eachother more and then, after a few months/years you might actually develop love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep I do believe in love at first sight! Took me 3 months to feel love. 5 for him to say I love you. I was very much attracted and attached to him when first meeting though

0|1
    1|0
  • Your feelings are real. Just take it slow, please. It's OK to love someone but don't forget to love yourself; by not giving too much too soon, keep yourself safe - especially your heart.

Girls often fall in love very easily but sometimes it takes a guy longer. He may be in lust with you (wanting to kiss, grope, have sex with you) but that's not love. And because you love him so much, you might be inclined to do anything for him. But if you find out, later on, that he wasn't in love with you but just in lust with you (and he was just basically using you), it can be very devastating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep as many said it already, that sounds like infatuation. But you'll realize it in a few years.
    Keep living your dream for now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lust* yes
    real love? Nope. It's just chemistry and it will wear off after some time.

1|0
    0|1
  • No. Its infactuation but love can grow over time the more you start to get to know the person.

1|0
    0|1
  • No but I believe in crush/attraction at first sight

0|0
    0|0
  • I meant to say yes I do believe in love at first sight ☺️

0|1
    1|0
  • INFATUATION at first sight

1|1
    0|0
  • It really depends.

1|0
    2|0
  • Sorry, no. I wish it was real though!

0|0
    0|0
  • Lust at first sight.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe in attraction at first sight

1|0
    0|0
  • Noo that does not exist sorry

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don’t

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! I remembering meeting my lover for the first time and thinking I need to be close to him. Later he told me felt the same way about me.

1|1
    0|0
  • No I am blind jauzhw9woap108enB

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes