Guys, do you prefer a partner that looks similar or different to your appearance?

Similar: hair, eye and skin colour and height to you

Different: hair, eye and skin colour height to you
Updates:
Soulmates look alike

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• i’ve noticed so many couples, especially the longer they’ve been together, look almost related which is so interesting!

2|0
    0|0
    • What age group are you talking about?

• it’d probably be between 20-40 year olds i guess?

• I bet they wake up each morning, looked at each other thinking, they saw an opposite gender version of themselves.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 36

• I guess different.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd definitely want someone Similar...
    I'm tanned, toned, have dark hair and dark eyes
    A brunette would just give me a boner without even taking her clothes off...🀀

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh is that Kim Kardashian?

• Show All
    • Are you Latino? I can understand what you are trying to say

• @ap234 no, I'm Indian but you can say I look like a latino

• i personally would prefer some different from me in many aspect, for example i usually ended up dating girls am taller than but interestingly enough i dated one who was taller than me plus i have always dated someone from different country with different cultural background as well as perspective of life too.
    however, nowadays couples turn out to look alike which i find it intriguing

0|0
    0|0
  • I have to say that I love skin color contrast. Whether she is pale or black, I like that. I disagree, soulmates only have to match on a mental, and spiritual level. I argue that a midget and an oversized person of different races can be soulmates.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mostly similar, especially when it comes to a few features that I like about myself, but at the same time she should be still a girl, so she better not be as tall as me. :)

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OneHeadTaller

0|0
    0|0
  • would you want a 6'6" 300 lbs woman? yah, me neither.

1|0
    1|0
    • Different doesn't mean ugly or undesirable

• Different. Not much into bald girls with lots of facial hair. Just kidding.
    If I grew my hair out, it's blonde. But I prefer brunettes - the darker the better. And noses. That are out of proportion with a girl's face. Dont know why.

1|0
    0|0
  • To me it doesn't really matter, as long as i think she's cute then she can have any hair color or anything like that

1|0
    0|0
  • i don't mind it but i obviously have some preferences.
    my preference is: white with the same hair tone as me (brown brunette ish)
    eye colour doesn't matter to me nor does length.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's fascinating.
    I'm tempted to post pics of her and me for you to judge but I don't want to breach her limits. She told me what she's comfortable disclosing and I know she wouldn't be cool with her pics being posted online everywhere so, no.
    That said, our jawline i think is kinda similar. We definitely have the same eye colour (brown), similar hair colour (dark brown and greying for me and black for her). Her overall facial features, yeah, i'd say they're kinda similar to mine (nose, eyebrows, lips). Not many women will be similar to me in height, that's just a fact. At 6'5 and a lean 225 lbs I am a far cry from her 5'6 and 135 lbs. And lastly of course, no, we are not the same skin colour. I am a white Caucasian German-Canadian man. She is a black Nigerian-Canadian woman. But she's sexy as fuck to me and that's really all that matters. Well, that and you know, personality.
    But also... yeah.
    I just got off work and I'm home alone man, my mind's on sex.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow you're tall. Would have no clue by just looking at your picture.

• Show All
    • Er ok πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

• Wait I minute. What do you mean "bet she looks younger than her age TOO"?
      I look younger than my age?
      And yes. My girlfriend is black so I'd hate to be racist but we both agree, they don't age the same way we Caucasians do. When I'm 50 and look like I'm 70 she'll likely be almost 60 and still look 40. the irony comes in where she's 8 1/2 years my senior and yet I colour my hair already (I have mein mutter's hair, German, go grey at 20). If I don't colour my hair and she was white (or I was black) and I didn't shave for two weeks I could likely be mistaken for her father. Which is ironic, considering she could technically be old enough to be my mother (read up ladies, you can get pregnant at 7, though I wouldn't recommend it).

• I seek to feel good with my partner, it does not matter whether it is white or black, high or low, yes, that is friendly and pleasant to the treatment, and that we understand each other well

0|1
    0|0
  • Firstly, no such thing as soul mates. Secondly it wouldn't matter, as long as we looked good together

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont know As of late I only ask for a girl I can trust

3|0
    0|0
  • I much prefer her to look how i would ideally look if i where a girl, rather then what i look like.

1|0
    0|0
  • My tastes vary widely, I'm also not very attracted to myself so definitely different.

1|0
    0|0
  • Different, for sure! Soul mates don't always look alike.

1|0
    0|0
  • Similar skin color for sure, just my personal preference. Eyes, hair and height dont matter to me.

1|0
    0|0
    • What is your skin color?

• Show All
    • Thanks for talking god bless you have a nice day

• Sure, no problem

• I would lose the floor
    (in a great way)😍
    if a partner had the same last name as me

a harris meeting another harris

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, that'd be too weird, I may as well date my twin sister or my clone

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mine how my girl looks, I just want her to be herself and if she looks similar to me then that's more reason to like her

0|0
    0|0
  • Different. I have Black Hair, green eyes, I'm white and 5'5"

I'd like her to have Brown hair, brown eyes, be Asian and be shorter than 5'2"

0|0
    1|0
    • Well so you won't date a non Asian girl?

• Show All
    • Thanks :3 yeah I love anime too. I'm trying to learn Japanese by myself but when I get over there I'm going to take Japanese lessons. I hope you get over there someday too :3

• Amen あγͺたがζ—₯本でζ₯½γ—γ„ζ™‚ι–“γ‚’ιŽγ”γ—γ¦γ€η₯žγŒγ‚γͺγŸγ‚’η₯η¦γ—γ¦γγ‚Œγ‚‹γ“γ¨γ‚’ι‘˜γ£γ¦ translated by Google translator hope i can do it in future

• Well I generally keep a "middle class" look meaning a button down or polo shirts, jeans or slacks, cargo shorts, but I used to wear a lot of band t-shirts. I have noticed over the years that "rock" women really grab my attention, piercings tattoos, black clothes and band shirts. Not to say that is all that I look for, but it tends to spark harder for me... I don't know why.

As far as hair color or height it doesn't really matter. I've only dated one woman that was shorter than me, but dating women taller than me hasn't been a conscious choice... again, I don't know why. My last serious girlfriend was 6'1, i'm 5'9... long legs in a nice dress will make me forgot about everything else around me lol

0|0
    0|0
  • All my girlfriends have been Cuban girls for once I would like to have an American

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want to be with anyone that reminds me of myself. That would be the last thing I want.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like my eyes, im only 5'10 and I would prefer brown hair on a girl. So i guess kind of like me

0|0
    0|0
  • Different.. no one actually want to see someone like me every morning next to them... neither do I

0|0
    0|0
  • Different for sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Similar, aside from height. Must be shorter.

1|0
    0|0
  • It can vary a lot but I guess different.

1|0
    0|0
  • Different.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Interesting question, I know this is for guys but I know I definitely prefer different.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do have a preference. Ideally, the guy would share light eyes and light skin as I have these traits, but he would have dark hair. That would be the main difference I guess.

When it comes to height, I prefer someone of average to max slightly tall.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer different but the more attractive they get the less I focous on the colors

1|1
    0|0
    • Holy shit girl, one of the most honest answers i have seen here

• Lol. Yeah we are all attracted to certain things but just really attractive in general people turn the heads of everyone. It's kinda one of those questions where there's usually a conditioned way of thinking.

• I have dated several women who looked remarkably like me.

0|0
    0|0
  • A mix of both I guess? I wouldn't want a partner that looks exactly like me but if we had some similarities then that's fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • A bit of both, Im happy if he looks like a male version of me without looking like a relative.

2|0
    0|0
  • Different it keeps them interesting lol I don't want to be confused as my boyfriends sister lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer different

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind no preference honestly

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about the listed thing (only about height, must be taller than me by 3 inches at least). My long term boyfriend looks different too.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes