Was I wrong for this?

So this chick got mad at me because I said I don't date transgender "women", my reasoning was first off I'm attracted to 100% women. my second was that's not normal in my eyes you know? No disrespect you can do what you want I'll be your friend shit if you want to be trans horse by all means go be that, but I hate that people just expect you to go along and deal with other people's decisions just because you have to accept them. Their into what their into why can't I be how I am? The worst part is she really sat there and tried to say trans women and women are 100% the same... i honestly had to end the conversation there. Was i wrong?Was I wrong for this?

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• It's okay to not want to date trans women, but it's not okay to call them "women". That is disrespectful.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yea men can't just slap on that title and all the sudden it is what it is. I agree

• Show All
    • Because he has the right not to view them as women and it's a valid one. Most trans people Ruby even get body changes but even if they do, so what? Does a woman become a man just by putting on a strap on and using a voice changer?

• Don't** not Ruby. My phone is stupid

• It is Your own Preference. Tell Dickie Chickie to Get over Herself. xx

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, people can't force you to be attracted to something you're not. People get mad in this situation because they can't accept the reality that trans women are not really women and trans men aren't really men

1|2
    0|0
    • Well put, it's about time someone said it.

• Show All
    • @LauraNG thankfully. Glad you joined GaG. I like the things you have to say

• I was just about to leave but then realized there are some intellectuals hanging around here.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• You are not wrong at all. Everyone has the right to be fussy who they date. My guy would not date a trans "woman", just as he would not date a woman with silicon boobs. He would rather me stay flat.

1|2
    0|0
    • I'm just not attracted to non women lol plus a lot still look like big men in dresses with strong faces.. no thank you

• No matter how they feel inside, they still have the build and shape of a guy. Yes, hormones and other things can help, but at the end if the day, it is still a guy that has had surgery and hormone therapy.

• Hell no you weren’t wrong. Not everyone likes a chick with a dick. And they aren’t “women” in my eyes. Agree with you 100%

1|2
    0|0
    • Lol that's why I put quotes Haha. Yea that's just a man in a dress boss I definitely am not into that

• No you weren’t. You can’t choose what attracts you what not attracts you. This happened to me regarding Asian guys. If I tell them I’m not attracted to them it doesn’t mean I’m a racist.

2|2
    0|0
  • Ugh 🙄
    media0.giphy.com/media/IocSMCMGytCTu/giphy.gif
    It’s not at all wrong to not want to date people in the trans community. I’m all for being respectful and kind but they’re not entitled to dating attention based on whatever gender they think they are. It’s up to what the other person perceives them to be and whether or not they’re ok with that; and you’re not. Which is totally fine.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• No, of course you weren't wrong. You're a straight guy. This person isn't a woman. She may "feel like" she's a woman, but that's a delusion. You're under absolutely no obligation to go along with that delusion. That doesn't mean people like this so-called "trans" person doesn't deserve compassion and to be treated decently.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are not into it, you're not into it.

You have the freedom to have your own preferences and when someone does not respect that, they are just oppressive garbage.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just ignore those half brained humans... no body has the right to force to do/accept something... the world is becoming more fked up

0|2
    0|0
  • I only say words like she or her to describe those men if I already respect them enough to take their (over amplified and sensitive) feelings into account. Even then I would immediately say he and him when referring to him when he's not around.

I can be respectful, but I have the right to choose who I respect.

And respect doesn't change my beliefs or views. I don't have to believe he's a girl just because he puts on dresses and says he is. When people assert that I have to call such transgendered people by their preferences even when they're not around, they deny more than just freedom of speech. That's denying freedom of religion as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • believe what you want, someone will always try to change it because they are always right

0|0
    0|0
  • Preferences, man. I am personally the same way. I'll be their friend but that's it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're fine mate. It's the world.

0|1
    0|0
  • You gotta do what you gotta do.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes