Does it make someone more or less attractive to you if they're very fussy?

I'm talking about relationship and dating terms, if they're very fussy with what they want in a partner and know exactly what they're looking for, or if they aren't fussy and would give nearly anyone a chance.. what is more of a attractive outlook to you?
No inbetween on poll, because this isn't the question.
Does it make someone more or less attractive to you if they're very fussy?
  • I'd find it more attractive if they had high standards.
    Vote A
  • I'd find it more attractive if they had low standards.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|4

Most Helpful Guys

• Your poll options are terrible.

Most people will not like someone who is overly fussy, because you have nearly zero chance of finding a guy who is exactly what you want. It's naive and unrealistic to believe otherwise.

You need to figure out what is REALLY important - not just today but also for 5, 10, 20+ years down the road. Most superficial things don't make the cut because they're going to change anyway.

It's not about high or low standards - it's about the standards that matter over the long term.

3|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I like people with high standards who know what they want.
    Why would I want to date someone who would date anyone? I don't want to be just anyone to the person I am dating.

1|3
    0|0
  • If standards are too low or high is so unattractive for me. Cause too high makes me lose interest, I'm not going to change my personality or my interests just to like another person. But on the other hand, too low means for me that the other person doesn't really care who's their partner, that could be with anybody, and that's look like it's someone with low self seem or maybe desperate.

If I have to choose, high spectation seems better, because at least you know that if you get that person attraction you really mean or have a special value for that person. With a low standard person... You can't be sure you are special for them, they could be with anybody else, cause almost anybody would fit their standards.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 37

• I've dated a few that were extremely fussy about what they wanted. There is a balance between knowing what you want and being so detailed you exclude 99.9% of the population. If you know what you want that's fantastic because we can talk and figure out if we are a good match. On the other hand if you're super detailed no one is going to hit the mark. When I dated girls that were super detailed I was happy to get away.

2|1
    0|0
  • That really is hard to say because if they are fussy and they pick me to start a relationship with, that tells me I'm in HIGH standards in their eyes. At the same token, if I go out with them and find they are very fussy about behavior or how I dress or what not, after we've been together for a bit, then it tells me I was just a project for her or that she wasn't totally up front to how she felt about me. Fussiness about a person is a double edged sword and can cause wedges in a relationship. It can also be a very good thing, since it will help you find your ideal perhaps (if they aren't lying to you or you aren't totally superficial with your fussiness).

I think wanting a certain type to fit your personality and what you feel would be best suited for you, is what we all want, but to be a perfectionist and try to find someone who has no flaws or is "perfect", is a falsehood and is not humanly possible and will hurt you in the end.

Someone with standards the same or similar as mine and that has the personality that fits mine is probably ideal and what I want.

1|0
    0|0
  • No in between? I'm not looking for someone who'll give just anyone a shot, but I've also experienced the type of person who attempts to impose their ideals on everyone who enters their lives.
    Medium-high standards are ideal, to me. Someone who is open and accepting, but also knows who they like and why.

1|0
    0|0
  • You are question is stupid. Really high standards are annoying and retarded, and really low standards come off as weak. None of these options are a good thing

2|0
    0|0
    • don't get it, don't answer.

• You dont get it. There is no black and white in the real world. You ask "what is more of a attractive outlook for you" and im telling you no one is going to find either of these to be attractive.

Its like asking guys "whats more attractive, a homeless girl with rotten teeth, or a crack junkie?"

• Yes they will, some people would find very high standards attractive, i myself do.

• Why would you want anyone easy like that? Who just settles? I know there is an over whelming amount of thirst from guys on here but only we set the standards others can hold us to and we should be able to be as picky as we want with the person we want to spend a long time with.

2|0
    0|0
  • I prefer women with high standards, if not women who are downright judgmental.

I'm a very picky and judgmental person myself.
    I would never date someone out of loneliness or convenience, I would only be with someone who I find genuinely exceptional who also sees me the same way.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like fussy people. How could it ever be an attractive trait?
    But standards are a different thing entirely, I don't mind it if someone has high standards cause I have high standards and I would meet any kind of bar that you could set for a partner...

2|0
    0|0
  • Ummm... response choices aren't indicative of what I think "fussy" means. Having high standards is generally a good thing. It can be pretentious in some cases, but is usually admirable. I wouldn't say that having an undeveloped palate for wine, for example, makes you more attractive because you'll be a cheap date for drinks and consume any shitty house wine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Very funny subject!

Some standards tends to get perceived as fussy because thay are internal and not shallow as majority of humans goes after without realizing it.
    Also because some goes after gut feelings by default without figuring out what they tends to go after tends to get perceived as fussy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ehm hmmmm not quite liking either answer here
    I find people who have high standards are often arrogant people who think they deserve all sorts of things
    But that does not mean I really favour low standards either
    I have a certain antipathy towards the concept of judging others in this manner in general

1|0
    0|0
  • High standards of course, for all the reasons @Coasytoasty already said.

I'm amazed at all the guys voting for low standards. I did not think there would be as many as there apparently are. A little bit of self love needed, apparently...

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say low standards but the question seems a bit slanted to me. Since you make it seem like someone with low standards is a bit of a slut that will just go with anything. I would prefer someone had their own standards and preferences on who they would like to date but not completely shut someone down for meeting their "intimacy quota." You know, give someone a chance and see how they are rather then brush them off because they aren't someone that matches your standards.

1|0
    0|0
  • I didn’t answer the poll so here’s my answer. I prefer people with high standards but with enough confidence and maturity to deliver in a fashion that’s not fussy.

2|0
    0|0
  • neither I have dated fussy and confident, high and low standard focused women, if we click then I dont mind

1|0
    0|0
  • I have double standards on this one and I'll admit it. It's attractive if I'm what they want, it's unattractive if I'm not.

2|0
    0|0
  • Fussy has nothing to do with standards, it's about how insistent she is that things need to be done a certain way, and it's fucking annoying.

1|1
    0|0
  • I rather surprise and please her compared to constantly living to her guidelines.

2|0
    0|0
  • Your responses are a loaded gun. I don't like fussy people but doesn't mean I don't want her to know her worth or have low standards. Complaining is just annoying in general we all have problems , mistakes, shit breaks you be an adult and fix it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I like the expectation they hold, if any. I like a girl who KNOWS what she wants, and won't settle for anything less.

1|0
    0|0
  • I find one more attractive if they have low standards.

2|0
    0|0
  • The height of standards and the level of fussiness about them aren’t quite the same in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • Rather them have flexibility towards their standards, if the person meets a set amount of them.

2|0
    0|0
  • If you're too fussy it makes you look less attractive

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I would find it more attractive if they had low standards and worked their way up. You don't want to put a guy in a box, you want to give him a chance to prove that while he can't fill all your check boxes, he may still supply you with enough to forget them. Love is not prepared and organized it is sloppy and whimsical and will hit you when you least expect it, but have your list with some major no no's I think those are ok but when it starts to get the smaller little details then I would start giving the guy a chance to see if he can prove himself

0|0
    0|0
  • Being fussy and having high standards are not remotely similar. You are leading the question to encourage that answer you want so you can feel better about yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they are into you and noone else, fussy or no makes no difference.
    If you don't meet their bar, they are not your problem anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess lower since it means they're more open minded

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd find it more attractive if they had high standards.

1|0
    0|0
  • Implying that if you're not fussy, you have low standards. Stupid poll is stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're of higher quality most of the times

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• If both people are emotionally healthy and the only difference is thier acceptance level, I'd like their choice of mate to be more selective. It makes it feel like there less willing to just take anyone, and I am highly valued enough to get thier attention. It's kinda like how I dont want to sleep with someone who sleeps with everyone. Have some selectivity for yourself, but dont be a dick about it either.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your choices were stupid af. Why don't you have a middle reasonable choice? 🤔

Having high standards makes you a twat, but having low standards means you have no self esteem and are willing take any attention you can get.
    What makes someone attractive is they have reasonable standards, because some women be having some retardedly high, unreachable expectations. I mean some girls be turning guys down just because they don't like their hair style. Then they have the audasity to sit there and wonder why they're single. So many women want they hot model boyfriend with an A++ body but they themselves don't even have an A+ face or body. They're so delusional as to who they actually can attract.

Just like what @Merictanok and @Anonymous dude said, I think we all need to have flexibility todwards our standards. We don't necessarily need high standards we need high vales. Like what do you value in an SO, having a type is okay, but some people are just go overboard with expectations and end up creating their version of a perfect SO in their mind. Which ultimately ends up with them alone because no one matches up perfectly to the person created in their head.

0|1
    0|0
  • High standards are always appreciated, especially if I match them hahaha. If i don't but it's something I can change quite easily that's also nice; I like a challenge :) I usually find that people who have high standards are less easy and smarter too which is a huge turn on

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would you want to date someone who has absolutely little to no standards and would just date anyone?

2|0
    0|0
  • I wanna answer but I dont understand the question haha😅

1|0
    0|0
    • Are they more attractive to you if, they have higher exceptions in someone, like looks personality etc
      or if they don't expect much from some in a relationship :)?

• Oh yeah if they have some standards at least or high standards because at least then they would be with me by choice and I fit their standard not because they are settling for me.

• I mean having standards is important. Being particular about looks is understandable to an extent. But when they become excessively superficial and shallow is when it can get out of hand and come across as entitled.

1|0
    0|0
  • High standards is more attractive. Because i have high standards too - when it comes to cleanliness and career/job. Its just about finding the right mix

1|0
    0|0
  • Standards and expectation and boundaries are different.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have reasonable standards. I HATE overly critical picky people. It’s a turn off.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like to say they have low standards, but I don't like someone fussy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's good to have Standards and to know what you want and what not

1|0
    0|0
  • Someone who's super fussy can be really annoying and impossible to live with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Higher standards is definitely more attractive

2|0
    0|0
  • why did so many men choose the second option?

2|0
    0|0
  • Fussy = very bad to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Less

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what she fussy about.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes