My guy friend says he has a lot on his mind, what does that mean?

So I've been talking to this guy for a while and recently he's been kind of distant so I asked him if there was someone else and he told me he's not seeing or talking to any other females so I believe him because he's been honest every since I met him. Could he maybe be thinking about taking our relationship to the next level or could he have feelings for me? His friend told me he was upset because he wanted to see me but i have been busy and not giving him the attention I used to give but I thought he wasn't interested so I tried moving on. What do I do? And what could he had meant about a lot being on his mind?

11