Why am I stressing so much about my boyfriend not replying to my goodnight text? Am I overreacting?

We've been dating officially for 2 months and this is the first time he left my text on 'read'. He always responds right away and even when not right away he always gets back to me with an explanation, even on stupid unimportant texts. We don't text much we usually just talk on the phone when we can't see each other, but we often send goodmorning and goodnight texts tho. Anyway few days ago he failed his exam and got depressed about it and told me he's probably gonna go out with the guys to drink yesterday. Then I sent him a sweet goodnoght text when I went to sleep and he saw it and never responded to it. It was fairly early around 11 pm. And now I see he was last online at 4:30 am. So I guess he really did go out and stayed pretty late... Could it be that he had sex with someone? I am so fucking paranoid. 😣

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly it seems like you're overthinking it. Like when girls have told me goodnight or something i usually never reply. And its not that i dont care but i just dont see a need to

And maybe he just woke up at 4 am and went on him phone

I think you'll be fine

Most Helpful Girl

• You know the reason. He's depressed about his exam. It can happen, so he needs some space.
    Don't be so paranoid, or suspicious. How is your relationship going to work if each time he goes out he's going to be suspected of cheating? Trust your guy a little bit more.