To men, have you ever gotten and taken useful dating advice from women?

Do you listen to women when they give you dating advice?

• Yes I have gotten useful dating advice from women
    Vote A
  • No i have not gotten any useful dating advice from women
    Vote B
  • See results (for girls)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I got almost all crap advice from women until my late 20s - and that is partially due to my asking better and more specific questions. In my teens and early/mid 20s, women's advice almost completely contradicted their own actions, much less those of other women.

Another part of the problem is that women define many of their terms very differently than men do, which only adds to the confusion.

I finally stumbled into a couple of women in my late 20s who were blunt and honest (including with themselves) and got some useful information.

You guys who have grown up with web forums just don't know how difficult it used to be to get good, valid, useful information about relationships. It's unfortunate that many of you don't learn from the information that is so easily available to you...

0|5
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Dating advice can never be universally useful, when usually it subjective to the person giving the advice.

2|1
    0|0
  • Advice should be always given to someone knowing their exact needs. You can't tell to a boy who likes nerdy girls to do the same a boy who likes sporty girls should have to do to find their ideal partner.

The only thing I can say is that if the only advice you receive is "go to a bar" that person is shirking, not really trying to help you. "Go to a bar" is the most lazy and cliche advice I had ever heard in my life from both boys and girls.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've given a man advice about a girl that he was dating

0|1
    0|0
    • Did he listen?

• I'm not sure, to be honest. He seemed to be confused. He sought advice from me after I gave him many on one of his posts, but then he continued to post more questions asking the same type of questions, while seeking my advice. Till today he's asking advice on the same situation which he should wake up from.

• I know my advice works! I've gotten two of my guy friends some steady girlfriends with my coaching. Lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally don’t need dating advice even though I am mainly attracted to females.
    But I am happy to give advice to anyone who asks☺️

0|1
    0|0
  • Hmm, I've given my male friends advice but I don't think they've ever put it to use or seemed to think what I said was valuable to them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do but it’s to bounce things off of her. Cause I’m attracted to women but we need advice.

0|1
    1|0
  • They should

2|2
    1|3
  • Only take advice from blunt and honest girls!

1|3
    0|0
  • I think I give useful advice when I'm asked.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 42

• I think you should synthesize the information you get from all sources, but, yes, you can get good advice from them, especially if you ask a specific question. Where their perspective is really useful is wondering what a woman of the relevant age likes and would perceive things.

0|1
    0|0
  • Meh. Not really. I'm all for being (an improved version of) yourself, to a point. I'm all for being funny and having a sense of humor. I agree with that. But it's not what the women around here have been claiming. I've done this stuff. I've done "the right thing" in life pretty often, and it's done nothing for me as far as being anything a woman would really care about - at least, around my age, and my community.

I think some guys are good. I think some men are WAY off, even if they're good with a lot of types of women. I think there are cases where it works for them, but I don't feel right about it, or it's not my thing, so I'm not going to do it. Like yeah, they can jump into bed with a chick in a night, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Best bit of advice that I had heard from men... see what a woman does, as opposed to what she says. I've done this a lot in the last few years. It saves a lot of strife on my end, but it's still annoying. I can't say it's been particularly useful in helping me get dates, but it does help me know when to walk away.

But as far as dating advice from women... I can't say it's been particularly helpful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Effective advice? I don't think so. There's certainly nothing that stands out in my mind as a statement I've heard that stays with me which I've felt is effective or profound. Everything I have came more from just getting impression of girls here and there, on g@g, some youtube, most stuff about statistics on gender relations and stuff that relates to politics. After about 4 years of being immersed in that stuff I feel like it became easier to tell the different between what women think and want.

What they think, want, do, care about and (what I guess you might call) the validity of those actions are all entirely different things that don't need to have shit all to do with each other -- and each of those things can be bananas as any given time. It's a minefield out there and the best option became to have firm principles and stick to them, it helps wade though the BS. But we're moving toward the safest option being avoidance altogether.

Invest in yourself, invest in your passions, disregard females.
    Don't draw self-esteem from how women feel about you.
    Don't hate them, don't date them.
    Just ignore them and do your own thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Almost never. Only one girl ever gave me any good advice, but there difference between her and every other girl is that she was very blunt. She didn't give a shit whether or not what she said would hurt your feelings and she was very matter-of-fact. She also had a good idea of what she actually liked, not some silly idea in her head.

0|2
    1|0
  • The problem is the difference in how the sexes see dating.

Women see it as having to reject hordes of unworthy men until they find that handsome enough guy.

Men see it as having to endure tons of rejections until they find the woman who thinks he's acceptable.

0|4
    1|1
  • Convoluted back story which i'll skip. Was talking to female friends about vaientines day gifts i'd bought for ex. They said i was being excessive ( i had gotten carried away) told me to hold back some jewellery for her b'day in march instead. Ex ended things on valentines day. I was able to return jewellery for refund. Great advice!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Whether they are "useful" advice or not, it's no longer relevant or of importance to me, since I've long given up on dating and relationships and getting involved with somebody else anymore. Even if I received advice from anybody, I might only just pass it on to the next person that still gives a crap about trying to find somebody to date and is still actively dating, in which I am longer actively looking.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've gotten plenty of awful advice. The issue is that they're assuming they know what's going on when a guy says something lame or stupid in front of them, when they don't. The guy was nervous and ran out of things to say due to a lack of participation on her part, not because he's weird.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah, I took a lot of advice from women and I have a pound of salt to go with it. The best advice from women is not what they say, but rather what they do. All of my useful advice from women was communicated to me by their body language and actions.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I have. Why wouldn't they give useful advice? They are helping a guy out by telling us what works with other women so why wouldn't we listen? Lol I'd think that's just common sense, but understood that each woman is different so advice varies and doesn't often work on the same person.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. It's rare, but it happens. That's my cue for the difference between being "friend zoned" and being truly friends. If she's not giving you world-class dating advice, she absolutely doesn't consider you a friend. You're her backup plan for when she finally gets sick of banging bad boys.

0|1
    0|0
  • Women are hypocrites and don't know what they want.

Exactly like the picture you posted they contradict themselves all the time.

If you need help specifically just dating, I think getting advice from a pick up artist makes the most sense.

I personally don't like pick up artists, but let's be honest they probably have a better idea of what it takes to approach a woman and date her.

Hell some of these guys are making money selling courses on picking up women.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only good advice I got about dating and relationships is : don't listen to what women say, observe their behaviour and act accordingly.
    Best advice ever and it did not come from a woman, no wonder why.
    Second best advice is : Do not give her what she says she wants, give her what she needs.

0|1
    0|0
  • Women give the worst advice because its often the exact opposite of the thing to do. This is what is called a sh! t test. All women, all the time, purposely try to mislead you just to see if you will follow their dumb advice.

0|1
    0|0
  • no. i find it contradictory. bcs on one hand some women say to be direct with your intentions but on the other hand some say that you should befriend a woman first bcs being direct may come of as creepy. the second pic is a briliant example of women having 0 clue on how to give dating advice.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can say the two people that gave me the best dating advice were my sister and a female friend of mine, so I say yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have been told many things but have put somethings to practice but id say I take more appearance advice than dating advice at this moment

0|1
    0|0
  • I had a long ad uncomfortable conversation with my older sister that many psychologists or just someone with a psychology degree (such as myself) would have a field day with. It was about how to fuck a woman. Yup.
    My sister.
    Also she gave me dating advice, but that eventually devolved to sexual advice as well.
    Now my mother has arguably been the most useful source of female advice for me in the dating realm (jeez I'm really digging myself a hole here) since my life has mostly turned out like hers so far. And romantically? Yeah I'm basically living my mother's romantic life. She never dated 'til she was 24. It was my father. I never dated 'til I was 20. It was my girlfriend. Versus my brother who has humped his way through the greater Sudbury, Toronto and Winnipeg areas and my sister who was pregnant at 17 ten years ago.
    I have very few female friends and the ones that I do have are either not very helpful or lesbians (so they're not useful for questions that involve cocks).

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh they have sure tried offering to their version of dating advise. but I laugh and ignore it. Their opinions are meaningless when the advise is always so self serving.

0|1
    1|0
  • just be yourself

worst 3 words for sharing "practical" dating advice

0|2
    0|0
  • Women said " personality all that matters when it comes relationships"
    *me thinking* I can't fk her personality...

0|2
    1|0
  • Once in a while a girl has told be about a girl who was interested in me, but I have never gotten useful general dating advice from a girl.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah but different things work for different people , so what might work on her doesn’t always work on other women

0|1
    0|0
  • All women are different take their advice with a grain of salt, it most likely won't work with all women.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've only ever gotten advice on matters that I already knew the answers to myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, some girls give horrible advice. I often wonder if they do it just to fuck with you

0|2
    0|0
  • Women give the worst dating advice. For the best advice, go to MGTOW

0|1
    2|0
  • Nope, nothing useful, all they said is that I should "dress up better".

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I have actually. It didn't work, but it was useful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Unfortunately I've found that women tend to not give advice but tell you what they think would make you more attractive. This isn't as good as they probably think it would be because they tend to give you advice on personal pereference the generic just chill out and don't worry about it/be yourself.

The best advice I got was from 19 year old me on drugs. Because I was happy, chatty and had an insane amount of confidence even though I knew I was talking shit and it worked.

Be yourself is kinda right. But it's about not being afraid to be yourself warts and all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes