The so-called undateables: If a divorced woman with a child is damaged goods then what about a divorced man?

Keep in mind that unlike the woman the divorced man probably only sees his child once every 2 weeks and isn't living with the child.
Is this the divorced man seen as any different than the divorced woman? I think they are because I know many divorced women who are with new guys and some have been married 2 times or more. I don't hear about divorced men having the same results.

73

Most Helpful Girls

• I dont see how this makes anyone undateable? unless they have a crazy baby momma or daddy or were at fault of their divorce

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to come up with an answer to your question, because your initial premise, that a divorced woman with a child is "damaged goods" is subjective. You may feel that's the case, but I, and many other people don't. Whether "most" people that way is debate-able. So, like I said, if your premise is debate-able, it would be impossible to provide a conclusive reply.

• I don't think that at all. I just used that term because I read it so much on here. I don't think just because someone has a child or is divorced makes them damaged but many people say they are. I am trying to find out where that attitude comes from.

• Those people don't understand the many factors that can lead to a divorce. There are many reasons why a married couple could file for divorce, reasons that have nothing to do with them being "damaged". Ignorance, as they say, is bliss.