When going on a first date should you pick her up at her door or wait outside the car?

Is it ever awkward meeting the parents if like the dad opens the door? I don't know how this shit works lol I'm a dating noob. Not sure if it makes a difference but this is online dating specificallyWhen going on a first date should you pick her up at her door or wait outside the car?
  • Wait outside the car
    Vote A
  • Knock on the door
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Oh I would also like to add the first real date I had a while ago. I had the intention to knock on her door but when I said omw she said "k call me when your here" before I even got to do that she was already waiting outside. So that's why I'm like does this genaration of girls rather meet you outside, maybe they dont want their parents to meet you so soon?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd take the leap, it would give a better impression to her parents if they were to open the door. If you stay in the car it could seem like you don't want to see them or that you're a "shady" dude.

0|2
    0|0
    • Have the guys you dated picked you up at the door?

• I don't date, but my ex boyfriend would never come to the door to pick up or drop me off, and my mother never really liked him much, thought he was distant and kind of "weird".
      My current boyfriend is a complete opposite, and they love him. So, from personal experience I think staying in the car is not the to go - unless your date asks you to.

Most Helpful Guys

• I think it's gentlemanly to pick her up at the door and to hold the car door open for her. I think, if anything, waiting for her in the car instead of coming to the door would make a bad impression on her parents.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you have a daughter?

• Show All
    • His parents? Why? some kids parents have various problems that may give off a bad impression but it doesn't always mean his parents reflect the person he is.

• Well, you want to make sure all parties are OK with it and that your kid will be in an OK Environment when they are his parents' place.

It will be the same for my sons as well- this isn't unique to a daughter.

• Wait outside and start serenading her till she hears your voice and comes out

0|0
    0|0
    • 😅 like them old movies must work every time

• Show All
    • Knowing my luck with the ladies I would probably end up getting a rotten tomato thrown at me

• Aww, if the song & your intentions are pure then they'd rather watch you try than stop you so don't be so harsh on yourself

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Just ask her how she wants to be picked up. It is not like the 50s anymore.

0|0
    0|2
  • Go to the door if you want a second date

0|0
    0|0
  • You can text her that you are there and honk for her to come out. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • One it makes a good impression on the parents bc it shows you’re taking initiative and not afraid to introduce yourself if needed. In my case if I’m expecting someone I make sure to answer the door so that wouldn’t be an issue.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you feel comfortable with your parents meeting the guy on a first date? Only asking cus I know most guys won't introduce a girl to his parents or probably even mention her until it gets kinda serious. Personally I dont think I would mention it to my parents I'm seeing someone until I'm in a relationship and that is if the ask.

What Guys Said 8

• IT'S NOTHING TO HIDE FROM HER FAMILY. BE THE GENTLEMAN THAT WOULD HEARTS AS IN RESPECT SHOULD BE NOTHING TO HIDE.
    ALWAYS CARE FOR YOUR PARTNERS FEELINGS. YOUR LIVES TOGETHER IS WORTH THE EXTRA AS YOU CARE MORE FOR ONE ANOTHER LATER IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want to make a good impression on her parents, then go to the door like a gentleman instead of sitting in the car like an entitled prick.

1|0
    0|0
  • Waiting at the car is more suitable when we pick up a hooker. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

0|0
    0|0
  • Please be a gentleman and walk her to/from the door. Thank you.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she lives at home... definitely at the door...
    if she lives alone, you can then wait and greet her when she gets there

0|0
    0|0
  • Meet her at the restaurant, this way you can leave if she is a bust.

0|0
    0|0
  • always the door
    always the door
    i cannot stress this enough
    always the door

0|0
    0|0
  • I would knock the door

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes