When going on a first date should you pick her up at her door or wait outside the car?

Is it ever awkward meeting the parents if like the dad opens the door? I don't know how this shit works lol I'm a dating noob. Not sure if it makes a difference but this is online dating specificallyWhen going on a first date should you pick her up at her door or wait outside the car?
  • Wait outside the car
  • Knock on the door
Oh I would also like to add the first real date I had a while ago. I had the intention to knock on her door but when I said omw she said "k call me when your here" before I even got to do that she was already waiting outside. So that's why I'm like does this genaration of girls rather meet you outside, maybe they dont want their parents to meet you so soon?

510

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd take the leap, it would give a better impression to her parents if they were to open the door. If you stay in the car it could seem like you don't want to see them or that you're a "shady" dude.

• Have the guys you dated picked you up at the door?

• I don't date, but my ex boyfriend would never come to the door to pick up or drop me off, and my mother never really liked him much, thought he was distant and kind of "weird".
      My current boyfriend is a complete opposite, and they love him. So, from personal experience I think staying in the car is not the to go - unless your date asks you to.

Most Helpful Guys

• I think it's gentlemanly to pick her up at the door and to hold the car door open for her. I think, if anything, waiting for her in the car instead of coming to the door would make a bad impression on her parents.

• Do you have a daughter?

• His parents? Why? some kids parents have various problems that may give off a bad impression but it doesn't always mean his parents reflect the person he is.

• Well, you want to make sure all parties are OK with it and that your kid will be in an OK Environment when they are his parents' place.

It will be the same for my sons as well- this isn't unique to a daughter.

• Wait outside and start serenading her till she hears your voice and comes out

• 😅 like them old movies must work every time

• Knowing my luck with the ladies I would probably end up getting a rotten tomato thrown at me

• Aww, if the song & your intentions are pure then they'd rather watch you try than stop you so don't be so harsh on yourself