I feel like my boyfriend is cheating on me?

He won't let me see his phone and says I get too paranoid. He lied to me a few times. He has lots of female friends. How do I find proof if his phone is locked?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't. You either trust him or you don't, but you have to respect his privacy. That's the only way to build an healthy relationship.

Think about it, even if you checked his phone daily, how could you ever be sure? He can simply delete the conversations afterwards. He can have separate accounts for other girls. He can cheat on you in a number of different ways you don't even know. You'll become paranoid thinking about it, you'll become annoying and bothersome, and you'll poison the relationship.

• I do that already how do I know he's cheating on me though

• What can I do? His ex said he's trustworthy too. I'm too attached to him

• Time... the longer you said with him the better you'll know him. I know it's not a very satisfactory answer but it's the truth, the only way to build trust is with time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you explained your feelings to him as a 'it would mean a lot to me if I can see what's on your phone.'.
    If not, you obviously don't trust him anyway to think he's cheating.

• Before he did but now he says I get paranoid and overreact

• What should I say though he might say I'm paranoid and stuff again

• And then just say if he cared and wasn't hiding things why would he mind?