I’m told I’m pretty yet I don’t get attention from guys. Could I be unattractive?

I’m in my early twenties and still haven’t had a real boyfriend. Guys don’t talk to me and the only ones that have don’t appeal to me/ are creepy. Why do all my friends seem to get attention while I’m always alone?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Some people can be attractive and yet have a general look that pushes people away. Do you smile a lot and appear friendly or are you like me and appear grumpy and mean even though you are not. You can be attractive and still not appear inviting to others.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’ve been told I can come across as: unfriendly, stuck up, quiet, shy, a “bitch”, sooo there you go.

• I can relate. I hear the same kind of things about myself.

• Can be several reasons. You are TOO good looking, you come off as boring/inapproachable or you have a look that does not exactly match the guys' preferences.
    Most of the attractiveness comes from how you act, not how you look. If you are fun, interesting and flirtatious, then I'm sure you would get a boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t think it’s due to being too good looking lol. Might be a combination of not appealing to the guys from a physical standpoint and being aloof. And no, being fun does not ensure you’ll find a good partner lol

• Show All
    • Yes, I’m aware online can have that rep aha

• Just don't give up. You will find the right guy, and he will be the luckiest man on earth ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• You could be unattractive but I doubt that, there's a number of things it could be, some of which you wouldn't realize you're doing. Your body language is one of those things, your eyes are another. Do you carry yourself like you don't want to be bothered? When you make eye contact with a guy do you immediately look away? Do you ever smile or always have a serious look on your face?
    Guys will pick up on things you do that you don't realize you're doing.
    If you're attractive then you can bet it's something you're doing you're not even aware of.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Well, are you sure you're not being too picky? The fact People tell you that you're Pretty and guys do Approach me leads me to believe you are Pretty.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Appearing aloof and unfriendly will usually discourage all but the most determined guys from approaching you because they'll assume you will reject them.

I don't know where you are, but the quality of the people you meet in online dating is, in my experience, lower than those you meet in real life. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it all, just that it you shouldn't rely on it too much.

• It might be as simple as smiling at a guy who seems interesting.

• Maybe you're waay out of their league (too attractive) or maybe you have a snobbish or bitchy personality
    Also, rumors would greatly damage a guy's perception of you so make sure there aren't any funny rumors floating around behind your back

0|0
    0|0
    • I tend people speak negatively about me but I stay to myself. I’ve been picked on in the past by “peers” in the work place and school. So I don’t know why people would want to instigate to begin with but such is my life.

• Also, if you're too aloof, that would put away many guys as they'd think you're "too much work for too little reward"

• You probably just dont show interest in them so they back off or the guys do show interest but too shy to approach you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's probably cause you're average looking and your friends are typical hotties I suggest changing friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Basically who knows what the reason is - Most likely you will meet right guy sometime in the future

0|0
    0|0
  • You may be physically beautiful, but what about your personality? I have known women who are either too shy or self conscious to put themselves out or are too snarly toward men. Smiling helps as does having friends that you talk to while you are looking for someone.

There could be a whole host of reasons.

If you see a guy you like, ask a friend for some intel. Is he married (stay away) or single. Look on his ring finger for a wedding band. Once you see a single guy you like, you go and strike up a conversation with him. Take charge. Be the aggressor. Be the Hunter. Be the Tigress.

I have spent much of my dating life being shot down. Guys have to take the rejection. Remember that. It also might be that you have standards that are too high. Some of those creepy guys might be the nicest guy in the world and would make a very good boyfriend or husband. My oldest brother was like that. Now he is happily married because he was accepted for who he is.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe they see you as out of their league

0|0
    0|0
  • Try showing interest in someone sometime?

0|0
    0|0
  • no you are very normal

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes