Would you be mad at your girlfriend for hanging out with her ex boyfriend?

So the other night my girlfriends ex came over because he wanted to see her dog. They use to live together and shared this dog that unfortunately doesn’t have much time left because he has cancer. So I completely understand why he came over. The thing that bothers me a little is that she said he was over there until 4 in the morning just drinking & they were watching game of thrones together. Why couldn’t he just see the dog , and then leave. They didn’t have to hang out all night and watch shows together. She told me she didn’t want to be mean and tell him to leave because they are just friends. They also text eachother all the time. But once again she says they are still friends. Am I overreacting?

914

Most Helpful Girl

• Seeing the dog is one thing, I completely understand that but the rest is way too much especially until 4am in the morning getting intoxicated. Seems like a really poor and risky choice for someone in a relationship

• Ya I don’t know what to do about it. I’m not the crazy jealous type , but that’s just something I wouldn’t ever do to her.

• Ya i told her it was a little weird to me. I asked why he had to stay until 4am & she said she didn’t want to be mean to him & tell him to leave. At least she knows it bothers me a little now. And at least she told me that he was there all night i guess.

• If you didn't pick up on the fact that your girlfriend is cheating on you, I don't know how to help you.

Most Helpful Guys

• If it were behind my back I would be pissed, with that situation I would try laying ground rules. Explaine your situation and the concern it creates, if he wants to hang out you should be present. If she is completely unwilling to come to a compromise and continues hanging out at all hours tell her again what it's doing to you... If you have suspicions and don't feel like your her number 1 anymore, get out... I have never had a good experience with girls seeing their ex's

• I'd put an end that nonsense right away. If having a little talk with the ex behind the bushes has to happen so be it. It's not about jealousy it's about respect.