Would you be mad at your girlfriend for hanging out with her ex boyfriend?

So the other night my girlfriends ex came over because he wanted to see her dog. They use to live together and shared this dog that unfortunately doesn’t have much time left because he has cancer. So I completely understand why he came over. The thing that bothers me a little is that she said he was over there until 4 in the morning just drinking & they were watching game of thrones together. Why couldn’t he just see the dog , and then leave. They didn’t have to hang out all night and watch shows together. She told me she didn’t want to be mean and tell him to leave because they are just friends. They also text eachother all the time. But once again she says they are still friends. Am I overreacting?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Seeing the dog is one thing, I completely understand that but the rest is way too much especially until 4am in the morning getting intoxicated. Seems like a really poor and risky choice for someone in a relationship

1|2
    0|0
    • Ya I don’t know what to do about it. I’m not the crazy jealous type , but that’s just something I wouldn’t ever do to her.

• Show All
    • Ya i told her it was a little weird to me. I asked why he had to stay until 4am & she said she didn’t want to be mean to him & tell him to leave. At least she knows it bothers me a little now. And at least she told me that he was there all night i guess.

• If you didn't pick up on the fact that your girlfriend is cheating on you, I don't know how to help you.

Most Helpful Guys

• If it were behind my back I would be pissed, with that situation I would try laying ground rules. Explaine your situation and the concern it creates, if he wants to hang out you should be present. If she is completely unwilling to come to a compromise and continues hanging out at all hours tell her again what it's doing to you... If you have suspicions and don't feel like your her number 1 anymore, get out... I have never had a good experience with girls seeing their ex's

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd put an end that nonsense right away. If having a little talk with the ex behind the bushes has to happen so be it. It's not about jealousy it's about respect.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Going over to see the dog is fair enough, it’s all the other stuff I wouldn’t be happy about.

1|2
    0|0
    • I Agree. I told her it was a little weird to me , but I didn’t overreact. I’ll just try and blow this off i guess.

• You're not wrong for being mad especially if he stayed over till 4am. It could have been avoided without her being mean.

0|2
    0|0
  • eeeek I mean sure there's a possibility that nothing happened but you definitely have a right to be mad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would’ve broken up with her because a dead relationship is a dead relationship and if it’s not than she shouldn’t be in a new relationship. I was messing with a guy who asked me how would I feel if he still spoke to his ex and I simply said “Do what you want.” Deep down I knew if that was the case he wouldn’t hear from me.

Right after I cut things off with him guess who? His ex he tried to rub it in my face to make me jealous. Anyone that is still involved with their ex I stay miles away because it’s about simple respect.

0|0
    0|0
  • there's really no reason for him being over there in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • No that’s fucking crazy. I would freak out and consider breaking up

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you aren't over reacting.

0|0
    0|0
  • No of course I wouldn’t

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• I would have left her for that. I wouldn't be with someone that is friends with an ex.

1|4
    0|0
  • The dog thing I completely understand but everything after that way too much I understand why you're reacting like this. The drinking and hanging out till 4 in the morning is way too much.

0|1
    0|0
  • He could have taken the dog for the night. Returned it the next day.

0|2
    0|0
  • Dang, dude, a ex that is all alone with his girl all night drinking and "watching" TV probably did something with her sexually too.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's normal they just cuddle naked with no genitals touching 😉😅😅

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends. Need history of your girlfriend to make decision.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes, because she's cheating on you. Confront her and end the relationship immediately.

0|1
    0|0
  • The dog visitation I can understand, but the rest of that is a nogo.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Thats not on at all

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely getting pounded behind your back

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope.