Would your friends' opinion influence whether you continue a relationship or not?

Let's say one of your best friends read a part of a conversation between your boyfriend and you about a serious subject. Your friend tells you she thinks your boyfriend is insensitive, kind of rude and you deserve better.

Would you just ignore the comment, rethink your relationship / talk to your bf?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • Depends on the reasons
    Vote B
  • No
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Opinions or opinions, if you think you have an unhealthy relationship then i think opinions would be helpful, because they provide different perspectives.

But don't take all of them into account, try to assess the situation and ultimately, you should be talking to your partner

1|1
    0|0
  • me and a friend talked about something very similar, friends and family will most of the times say oh you're dating such and such? mhm not your type or smth like that.
    it's pretty common and should not influence your relationship.

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s necessary to have your friends give some degree of input in a relationship. You don’t want to be isolated in a relationship. I briefly dated a guy who was emotionally unavailable and lead me on. By the time I listened to my friends, I was emotionally drained and heartbroken. There’s a reason we have friends and family. Sometimes we’re too blinded by love to make good decisions. If your friend has an opinion, try to consider it. Ask questions. Weigh whether it has merit. I’m not advocating to just dump the boyfriend, but consider if there’s value in what she’s saying.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m in a situation like that right now myself. I usually tell at least a couple friends about stuff that happens to that I can get another opinion. I always tend to make excuses and explanations for his actions.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Why there is always a friend of your girlfriend who wants to mess things up... Seriously don't listen to your friend. If you are not feeling good being with this guy and YOU believe that YOU deserves better, then break him up and move on. Do whatever makes you feel better but please... STOP LISTEN TO YOUR FRIEND ABOUT WHO DESERVES TO STAND NEXT TO YOU

2|0
    0|0
  • Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. She is only saying what she feels, however that isn't important... what matters is how does he treat you, good I hope, can you rely on him? And most importantly are you happy with him? I would thank your friend for her concern but assure her you are happy (if you are.) It's your life to live, live it by your standards. "Love is giving someone the power to destroy you and trusting them not to."

1|0
    0|0
  • My friends don't deserve a say in my relationship. And I don't care what they say about the relationship. What ever happens between me and my girlfriend, is because we wanted that to happen, not because our friends said we should do that.

2|0
    0|0
  • Let me tell you a story me my friend and his girl where on a Party I was drunk as fuck my friend was not some how we started an fight were in the end I told him that he is gona break up with his girl He quite our 4year friendshiep and stayed by his girl for around 4to6 weeks then He broke up
    What im trying to say is a diffrent point of view is sometimes the only way to See the trufe

0|0
    0|0
  • I would appreciate my friends advice but what matters is what you think.

If you allow others to dictate what you should do it will cause long term issues.

1|1
    0|0
  • Sigh.
    If it's a serious relationship I'd expect you to listen only yourself and to your loved one.
    Unless, of course, your friend is to be an integral part of the relationship too.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your friends are like mine and only looking out for me like we all do for eachother then I would trust there judgement and rethink your relationship. Friends first. Always

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a reason they're my friends. I would trust that they're doing what they think is best for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If there is enough reasoning always.

0|0
    0|0
  • 50/50 no

0|0
    0|0
  • Influence yes, decide no

0|0
    0|0
  • None of your best friends business

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I wish that it would, because so far my friends kept right every time but I didn't realized it for way too long.
    For your given situation though, I wouldn't show any serious conversations between me and my boyfriend to a friend. I might if there was something funny, but otherwise its none of their business.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm very stubborn haha I think if my friends didn't like my boy-/girlfriend that would only make me want to be with them more, unless they had good reasons to dislike them but most of my friends can be quite bitchy over petty things 🙄

1|0
    0|0
  • A bit. I've had 2 experiences with guys who didn't get along with my friends, for similar reasons. One was foreign and made no effort to get involved as he doesn't speak the language, the other was rude. So if they don't like him and the reason is valid and not shallow, I think i would move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not my best friends relationship, its mine.. her opinion would matter and id question why she thinks so and all, but in the end, its my decision to make.

2|0
    0|0
  • NOT ANY MORE. I'm so done listening to my friends. The last time I did that I wanted to smack my face! They can't tell me what to do. I rule myself.

2|0
    0|0
  • No. I have to wake up next to him every day, not she. So she can stick her nose in her own business and not in mine.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on whether or not my friend was sensitive to the same things as me, because different things bother different people.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, friend's opinions plays a major role in a relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • It would depend on what we were talking about.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes