Would your friends' opinion influence whether you continue a relationship or not?

Let's say one of your best friends read a part of a conversation between your boyfriend and you about a serious subject. Your friend tells you she thinks your boyfriend is insensitive, kind of rude and you deserve better.

Would you just ignore the comment, rethink your relationship / talk to your bf?
  • Yes
  • Depends on the reasons
  • No
    Vote C

1114

Most Helpful Guys

• Opinions or opinions, if you think you have an unhealthy relationship then i think opinions would be helpful, because they provide different perspectives.

But don't take all of them into account, try to assess the situation and ultimately, you should be talking to your partner

• me and a friend talked about something very similar, friends and family will most of the times say oh you're dating such and such? mhm not your type or smth like that.
    it's pretty common and should not influence your relationship.

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s necessary to have your friends give some degree of input in a relationship. You don’t want to be isolated in a relationship. I briefly dated a guy who was emotionally unavailable and lead me on. By the time I listened to my friends, I was emotionally drained and heartbroken. There’s a reason we have friends and family. Sometimes we’re too blinded by love to make good decisions. If your friend has an opinion, try to consider it. Ask questions. Weigh whether it has merit. I’m not advocating to just dump the boyfriend, but consider if there’s value in what she’s saying.

• I’m in a situation like that right now myself. I usually tell at least a couple friends about stuff that happens to that I can get another opinion. I always tend to make excuses and explanations for his actions.