I'm scared my boyfriend is going to hurt himself or someone else. Advice?

My boyfriend has anger issues and is really protective over me. I get bullied a lot by one person and it's been happening for 6 years. Now that I have a boyfriend, that person messes with him too. He got really angry and blacked out today. He didn't hurt anyone because I was able to restrain him but I'm worried that I might not be able to stop him next time or that I won't be around. He's never hurt me and I don't think he will but I'm worried he might hurt himself or someone else. Any advice?
Should I be afraid that he'll hurt me too? If he blacks out and can't control himself should I still try to help or should I just get out of the way? I really don't want him to hurt anyone or himself.

03