What would you do if your partner said they will kill you if you two break up?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Alert the police and file a restraining order. Threatening death is also illegal. If the threat sounds sever enough and seems like he will do it, you can file charges.

In the meanwhile, I’d stay at a friends house who he doesn’t know. Be safe, and return home when you feel he isn’t a threat.

That may sound dramatic, but you shouldn’t play around with your life.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I'll definitely break up, there is no way I'm staying with a person like that.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Discuss the matter with their family, arrange to have a visit with his family, tell him in the presence of his family that you want to break up, and then ask them to keep him away from your home while you go there and retrieve all of your possessions.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would most definitely stop seeing that person, but first, I'd get the girl in order and make her understand why she can't say things like that. As for you, I don't really have a better answer than going to the police, since I'm guessing the man you're seeing is physically stronger and bigger than you.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my state that's a felony called "Terroristic Threatening." I would contact the police and take the threat very seriously. Safe, stable people don't say things like that.

0|0
    0|0
    • * Also I would immediately go no contact and get an Order of Protection.

• laugh, tell her to go for it. leave. never look back

0|0
    0|0
  • Been in that. I got a divorce a long time later calling her bluff. I'm still alive! haha

0|0
    0|0
  • has your partner told you that?

0|0
    0|0
  • File a police report

0|0
    0|0
  • nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will break up

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up with them

0|0
    0|0
  • I would probably go to the police and file a restraining order. That way the threat is on record and they would become the prime suspect in a murder case. That should be enough of a deterrent for that psychopath not to follow through.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Call 911 when I say we are over and obviously defend myself like running away from a pyscho

1|0
    0|0
  • I would go to authorities.
    You gotta report that. Can't live in fear

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes