What’s the best opening comment you’ve received on a dating site?

Need some tips for good openers!

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm a guy so I rarely get opening msgs! And if I do, they suck balls so I'd rather start it off myself to set the tone as fun and flirty so it isn't boring cause girls never do it and hence have no idea.

Make fun of or call out the online dating site cliches, stereotypes etc.

For example my opener I use is "Hey (girls name) I'm Rob :)

Going to be a total rebel here by breaking online dating rule 33.2b and just say hi ;)

This is cause girls hate it to he'll when guys just say hi/hey so I'm making fun of it which they love. They usually follow up with "Haha it's ok you can just say hi to which I reply "Oh I dunno if I do that the tinder police might be onto me!"

As you can see, this is fun, flirty and fucking awesome haha! If a girl gets this from one guy and a "Hey how's it going?" from another who do you think she will respond to?

1|4
    0|0
    • Good stuff.

• Show All
    • @Logorithim that's the point! Girls aren't attracted to boring questions, they are attracted to humour and wit. This is where so many guys get it wrong and ask a girl a typical question off a girls profile that any guy could ask. Then they get pissed off about girls only going for hot guys and get bitter about online dating.

• Quite true.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sending out comments and receiving comments are going to be different. Obviously you are not going to send out the same kind of comments to a boy as you receive from one.
    Study their profile information and if you like them, tell them so.
    What's it like living in the UK Ms Wicked?
    I love your questions and see that you are wanting to find a new guy, when were you last in a relationship?
    Are good guys hard to find in the UK?
    ... anyway, those are example opening comments/questions, but really they are ones that I would normally ask.
    In fact, I would really like to know the answers to them from you Ms Wicked, if you would be so kind.
    You are most fascinating to me :)
    I am not kidding!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• id never try that.
    but id suggest to send these if you choose to do so:

0|2
    2|0
  • On my profile I have a pic with me and my dog. This 1 girl said I'm here for the dog I thought that was kinda funny. Literally every other message recieved from guy or girl has been super generic. Something along the lines like hey there, your cute or cute dog

0|0
    0|0
  • "You are right, here you can't find any good relationships... nobody knows what an hearth is 😊... I'm from your same country, I just live 200km to the west...
    My mother lives in your same tiwn... I've stopped to watch your photos because you look like a good guy who is nice and respectful... and you probably share the same values of my town of origin 😊..."

Sorry it was a bit difficult translating it from my language.

ANYWAY... it was from a man...

1|0
    0|0
  • In my two years on dating sites, only one woman actually responded. I called her cute and said that my name was Brian. She strung me along for two weeks. First she wanted to go out, then she decided that she didn't know me enough.

1|0
    0|0
  • Although I wouldn't call it the best, it's still pretty straight forward: dick pick.

Second behind that would be: "You look cute with your feather."

0|0
    1|0
  • Best opening message :
    looking for no strings attached sex... you up for it?
    I'd be like... FUCK YEAH!!!

1|0
    0|0
    • I'd be very suspicious of any woman that messaged that.

• @Frankenstein99 ok, that DOES look suspicious from another point of view... well we've reached a point where it's hard to believe that a woman would even want to do hookups with us that easily πŸ˜’

• Its unusual a girl opening, I think its surprise enough for an opener

1|1
    0|0
  • I couldn't tell you. I get from hi baby to hi handsome. My thing is read the person's profile. I've got 45 women who maked me as like or favorite the problem is that most of them are under the age of 35. I am 49. I told one that was 25 that she's too young. She said to me age is just a number. In part I agree, she's pretty but I just can't and don't feel right dating a woman who's below the age 38. Maybe 36 the lowest but that's as low as I'll go. Actually one of the young ones did have a good opening line, I saw and read your profile and I'd like to get to know you better.

0|0
    0|0
    • Funny i have the opposite problem i seem to get 99% of messages from women older than me. Maybe we need to switch profiles ;)

• What is your favorite breakfast meal for me to make in the morning?

0|1
    0|0
  • Ask if woud they'd eat ur seeds if u were a watermelon.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hey sexy, needless to say, she was the complete opposite of her comment

0|0
    0|0
  • wow ur hot can i suck ur cock lol

1|1
    0|1
  • "Hey, how are you doing?"

0|0
    0|1
  • Just ask how they are and personal questions

1|0
    0|0
  • Sup bitch

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask directly for a date

0|0
    0|0
  • Just say, "Hello, (his name)." He'll beer interested if he's a guy.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not if you're too attractive and he has a brain in his head. That screams "catfish"

• Hah, 'recieving' an opening comment, what am I a rich tall athlete? Or a woman? Tf outta here πŸ˜‚

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Hey you like fishing?

Cause you sure caught my attention!

No? I'll leave

0|1
    0|0
  • β€˜β€™ Are you the beauty? Cause I am the beast searching for you β€˜β€™ That’s what a 29 year old guy on OkCupid messaged me lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes