What’s the best opening comment you’ve received on a dating site?

Need some tips for good openers!

320

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm a guy so I rarely get opening msgs! And if I do, they suck balls so I'd rather start it off myself to set the tone as fun and flirty so it isn't boring cause girls never do it and hence have no idea.

Make fun of or call out the online dating site cliches, stereotypes etc.

For example my opener I use is "Hey (girls name) I'm Rob :)

Going to be a total rebel here by breaking online dating rule 33.2b and just say hi ;)

This is cause girls hate it to he'll when guys just say hi/hey so I'm making fun of it which they love. They usually follow up with "Haha it's ok you can just say hi to which I reply "Oh I dunno if I do that the tinder police might be onto me!"

As you can see, this is fun, flirty and fucking awesome haha! If a girl gets this from one guy and a "Hey how's it going?" from another who do you think she will respond to?

• Good stuff.

• @Logorithim that's the point! Girls aren't attracted to boring questions, they are attracted to humour and wit. This is where so many guys get it wrong and ask a girl a typical question off a girls profile that any guy could ask. Then they get pissed off about girls only going for hot guys and get bitter about online dating.

• Quite true.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sending out comments and receiving comments are going to be different. Obviously you are not going to send out the same kind of comments to a boy as you receive from one.
    Study their profile information and if you like them, tell them so.
    What's it like living in the UK Ms Wicked?
    I love your questions and see that you are wanting to find a new guy, when were you last in a relationship?
    Are good guys hard to find in the UK?
    ... anyway, those are example opening comments/questions, but really they are ones that I would normally ask.
    In fact, I would really like to know the answers to them from you Ms Wicked, if you would be so kind.
    You are most fascinating to me :)
    I am not kidding!